FBI's NGI (Next Generation Identification) online late 2015.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

FBI's NGI (Next Generation Identification) online late 2015.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://fcw.com/Articles/2014/04/15/Deta ... ystem.aspx

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/04/16/ ... roup-says/

The FBI is rolling out the NGI (Next Generation Identification) system. The above links detail what it includes.

A radio report that I heard (can't find the NPR link easily right now) stated that LEO's make 160,000 inquiries a day
to the existing system.

SIA
Last edited by surprise_i'm_armed on Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

TomsTXCHL

Re: FBI's NGI (Next Generation Identification) online late 2

Post by TomsTXCHL »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:http://fcw.com/Articles/2014/04/15/Deta ... ystem.aspx

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/04/16/ ... roup-says/

The FBI is rolling out the NGI (Next Generation Identifcation) system. The above links detail what it includes.

A radio report that I heard (can't find the NPR link easily right now) stated that LEO's make 160,000 inquiries a day
to the existing system.

SIA
One of the links mentions MorphoTrust which iirc did our FAST (fingerprinting) for the CHL. So our pics will no doubt be among the 52 million.

Won't it be fun, if one has a "common" name-and-face, to have the FBI show-up at our doors asking us to prove we didn't commit XYZ criminal act. :waiting:

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

It looks like 1984 is arriving just a bit late. :mad5
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

jmra

Post by jmra »

Pawpaw wrote:It looks like 1984 is arriving just a bit late. :mad5
Ever since I read that book in high school I wonder when I'm watching tv if the tv is watching me.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I keep thinking we are well on our way to some combination of "1984" and Huxley's "Brave New World" and will get there sooner rather than later unless we begin a hard turn.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Middle Age Russ wrote:I keep thinking we are well on our way to some combination of "1984" and Huxley's "Brave New World" and will get there sooner rather than later unless we begin a hard right turn.
FIFY :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Pawpaw wrote:
Middle Age Russ wrote:I keep thinking we are well on our way to some combination of "1984" and Huxley's "Brave New World" and will get there sooner rather than later unless we begin a hard right turn.
Maybe a U-Turn is more appropriate. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

WildBill wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
The hard right I'm thinking about would amount to a U-turn... A U-turn all the way to 1790. :mrgreen:

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

Pawpaw wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
The hard right I'm thinking about would amount to a U-turn... A U-turn all the way to 1790. :mrgreen:
I would prefer 1890 Constitutionally if it wasn't for the lack of Amendment XIX.

Return to “Off-Topic”