Minimal suffering compared to his victim

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Minimal suffering compared to his victim

Post by mamabearCali »

RoyGBiv wrote:
I have zero sympathy for the condemned.
My only concern is that it really should be done better. We look like idiots. And that further diminishes the dissuasion factor.
This!

Look if it was up to me I would not have the death penalty. Not because I am a bleeding heart, but because I think it is very easy to die. Death comes to us all, some young, some old. To simply be put to death in the same manner as a beloved pet after committing a horrible crime is not justice. For those that there is no question of guilt, that it is obvious they committed a heinous crime with depravity. I'd like to take my revenge out another way.

Right now they get fame and everyone in the state pays attention to them when the day of their death finally comes. The liberal press mourns and says "he was almost a good boy--or some such nonsense." The family of the murdered has to deal with that stuff, and the family of the condemned gets to hold a funeral.

This is what I would like. I would like them to be put in a place of forgetting. Life sentence, no possibility of release ever. Take their life from them one day at a time. Let them live one day after another until everyone they have hurt, everyone who loves them has passed on. Let them live until they are old and gray in a prison, till no one comes anymore for visitors day. Let them be forgotten. The one day when their life expires, they are put in paupers grave. No one to remember them, no one to grieve them, no one to tell stories about them.

Either do the above, or stand them against a wall after a second and third appeal and shoot them like the mad dogs they are.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

mamabearCali wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:
My only concern is that it really should be done better. We look like idiots. And that further diminishes the dissuasion factor.
This!

Look if it was up to me I would not have the death penalty. Not because I am a bleeding heart, but because I think it is very easy to die. Death comes to us all, some young, some old. To simply be put to death in the same manner as a beloved pet after committing a horrible crime is not justice. For those that there is no question of guilt, that it is obvious they committed a heinous crime with depravity. I'd like to take my revenge out another way.

Right now they get fame and everyone in the state pays attention to them when the day of their death finally comes. The liberal press mourns and says "he was almost a good boy--or some such nonsense." The family of the murdered has to deal with that stuff, and the family of the condemned gets to hold a funeral.

This is what I would like. I would like them to be put in a place of forgetting. Life sentence, no possibility of release ever. Take their life from them one day at a time. Let them live one day after another until everyone they have hurt, everyone who loves them has passed on. Let them live until they are old and gray in a prison, till no one comes anymore for visitors day. Let them be forgotten. The one day when their life expires, they are put in paupers grave. No one to remember them, no one to grieve them, no one to tell stories about them.

Either do the above, or stand them against a wall after a second and third appeal and shoot them like the mad dogs they are.

Life in prison without parole is not the horror that it is made out to be.

It is not a punishment.

The courts have made most prisons a luxury hotel compared to what they were when prison was actually intended to be a punishment.

The constitution requires punishment not be cruel and unusual.

Define cruel and unusual for me. I guarantee my definition is nowhere near the typical death penalty opponent's definition.

This constant discussion in the media and courts about the death penalty to me is sickening and continually further minimizes the suffering of the victims and the victim's families.

The punishment these despicable excuses for humans deserve is all about justice, and that fact is lost in these endless discussions. The punishment should fit the crime, and there are as many ways to painlessly execute criminals as there are ways for criminals to murder, rape, and torture their victims.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

erick619

Post by erick619 »

mamabearCali wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote: This is what I would like. I would like them to be put in a place of forgetting. Life sentence, no possibility of release ever. Take their life from them one day at a time. Let them live one day after another until everyone they have hurt, everyone who loves them has passed on. Let them live until they are old and gray in a prison, till no one comes anymore for visitors day. Let them be forgotten. The one day when their life expires, they are put in paupers grave. No one to remember them, no one to grieve them, no one to tell stories about them.

I agree with this. However, what kind of living conditions do you expect? I don't want my tax dollars wasted to keep them alive with three square meals, a roof over their heads, a bed to sleep on... for the rest of their life.

We should have them living in tents in the middle of nowhere turning big rocks into little rocks (or whatever labor is required). Feed them bread and water. Have a few guards in mobile towers and if anybody tries to run away, they would be shot on site.
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers)

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mamabearCali »

I understand it is not without it's problems. However I am tired of the fame these guys get at their executions. We have to pay a ton anyway to kill them.

What kind of living conditions would I expect. A roof over their heads, a fan in the summer and a heater in the winter. As far as food goes. Three months out of the year during the winter they can have grits or oatmeal in the Am. The rest of the year cold cornflakes. They can have a baloney sandwich for lunch. For dinner they can have what Michele Obama wants to feed our kids in public schools.

We could figure it out if we wanted to.

But I am just as ok with putting them up against a wall and shooting them like dogs.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Greybeard wrote:Good to see someone else recognizing this.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/04/ ... latestnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the liberal mind, HE was the real victim, not the woman her tortured and killed.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

anygunanywhere wrote:The constitution requires punishment not be cruel and unusual.

Define cruel and unusual for me. I guarantee my definition is nowhere near the typical death penalty opponent's definition.
:iagree: For a real eye-opener, some should read what our founding fathers felt was just punishment.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

karder

Post by karder »

The death penalty is not justice the way we run it. These guys commit horrible crimes, get the best defense tax dollars can buy, and then sit for years on death row as they do a legal tap dance trying to avoid the needle.

Here in El Paso we have a guy, David Leonard Wood, who killed a dozen or so girls and women and buried them in the desert in the late 80's. He has been sitting on death row for almost 25 years now. This guy is a wack job who ironically enough, would probably be dead by now if he was just left in normal society. I can't imagine he wouldn't have died from overdose, or stabbed by someone as scummy as himself, or killed in an accident, if not for the fact he is sitting on death row being supported by tax dollars.

There are some guys in prison because they made foolish choices, but Lockett was not one of those guys. He knew what he was doing and chose his fate. He chose violence, torture, rape and murder and now the bleeding hearts weep because he may have coughed to mumbled during his execution.

In my opinion, he should have been given a fair trial and then immediately marched out to the town square and shot in full public view for all to see. The people crying for him need to do a little self examination as their priorities are way off center.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Just send them to prison for life. Put them all on a squadbay type room together. Air condition it and give them comfortable bunks and comfortable chairs around a community table. If they choose to kill each other, so be it. Then determine each's execution date but don't tell them. One day, old Joe has a .308 Remington transit his brain housing group while everyone is out in the rec yard. Everyone sees old Joe laying there dead wondering when it will be them. Let THEM live in fear of society for a change...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

karder wrote:In my opinion, he should have been given a fair trial and then immediately marched out to the town square and shot in full public view for all to see. The people crying for him need to do a little self examination as their priorities are way off center.
Yeah, but there needs to be time for appeals and such in case the trial wasn't fair. I've never heard of the guy you're talking about... my comment is about the death penalty in general, not his specific case.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

ELB

Post by ELB »

RoyGBiv wrote: ...

^^This.^^

The anti-death penalty crowd has the Courts and the State chasing their tails believing that "cruel and unusual" somehow has to mean no pain or even discomfort at all. The only anti-death penalty argument that is worth a darn is the fallibility of the judicial system, not how people are executed.

Given to me to design, the execution procedure would be to put a suppressed .22 to the base of the skull/top of neck, pop, sever the spinal cord just below brain stem, done. You could strap the head to a headrest and rig an adjustable jig on the back of the chair (or underneath a gurney) to allow the correct position and angle of the muzzle. I'll bet one could even adjust the powder load to prevent exit of the bullet. Very little muss and fuss. Or instead of a .22, a spike driven by compressed air, directly in to the brain stem.

Probably make it harder to get suppressors out from under the NFA, tho.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Off-Topic”