A Good Story about an LEO and a Dog

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

A Good Story about an LEO and a Dog

Post by WildBill »

A Chihuahua was rescued from a roadway median on Interstate Highway 680 in Walnut Creek during rush hour Friday evening.

A CHP officer spotted the small dog on the highway’s concrete center divider around 6 p.m. while driving south on Highway 680 near the North Main Street overpass.

The officer exited his car, used a protein bar to coax the Chihuahua toward him and was able to pick up the dog, Fransen said.

The dog was uninjured and was taken by Contra Costa Animal Services personnel to an animal shelter in Martinez.

Although Fransen said he didn’t know how the dog ended up on the freeway, he said, it’s likely that someone left the animal there.

“As sad as it sounds, it actually happens pretty often,” he said.

Since Friday night, there have been several offers from the public to adopt the dog, the officer said.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/0 ... nut-creek/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Good Story about an LEO and a Dog

Post by JP171 »

abandoning an animal makes me want to beat someone within an inch of their life, then, go just a little further. If you don't want it give it to someone or just plain put it down don't just drop it off somewhere to get run over or starve to death, be responsible. But I forget that personal responsibility is no longer in the lives of people and down right illegal for dummy craps

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Lord only knows how this little Chihuahua survived. Great ending for the abandoned dog. Kudos to the officer.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

That photo breaks my heart.

Poor little guy...

jmra

Post by jmra »

Am I the only one who has a suspicion that this was a staged photo OP? How does the midget dog get up there? If you were going to abandon a dog would you stop in the middle of the interstate and put it on top of the interstate concrete divider?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

jmra wrote:Am I the only one who has a suspicion that this was a staged photo OP? How does the midget dog get up there? If you were going to abandon a dog would you stop in the middle of the interstate and put it on top of the interstate concrete divider?
This was a re-enactment, the original dog was so stressed out that they had to bring in a stunt double. Also, if you look real close, you can see the CHiP is Eric Estrada. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

I see two things wrong with this story...

1 - The article says the officer exited his car, and yet he is wearing a motorcycle helmet. I don't know about you but I don't usually drive a car while wearing a helmet.

2 - That dog is clearly a threat to this officer. Why has he not unloaded on it yet?

:lol::

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

KRM45 wrote:I see two things wrong with this story...

1 - The article says the officer exited his car, and yet he is wearing a motorcycle helmet. I don't know about you but I don't usually drive a car while wearing a helmet.

Have you ever driven in Comiefornia? I would wear a helmet
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

2 - That dog is clearly a threat to this officer. Why has he not unloaded on it yet?

Driving in Dallas requires the use of a helmet.
Good story, thanks for sharing.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

RPBrown wrote:

Have you ever driven in Comiefornia? I would wear a helmet
And body armor with trama plates :rolll
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/0 ... z-shelter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”