U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Post by puma guy »

Has anyone noticed Benghazi has faded from the news. I wonder............
We just go from one trumped up scandal to another; is this a "fact pattern" :headscratch
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-b ... in-n124451
SHAWAR, Pakistan - One of the five Taliban leaders freed from Guantanamo Bay in return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's release has pledged to return to fight Americans in Afghanistan, according to a fellow militant and a relative.

"After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Noori pushed to return to Afghanistan after learning that the U.S. had provided written assurances that no country would arrest any of the five freed for a year as long as they lived peacefully, one of his relatives told NBC News by telephone from Afghanistan.
Why isn't Obama in jail yet? Maybe we can let the Taliban kidnap him instead. Then we can trade 5 gangbangers to the Taliban to get him back.

Rinse and repeat.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

No worries TAM. I'm sure they're good for their word.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-b ... in-n124451
SHAWAR, Pakistan - One of the five Taliban leaders freed from Guantanamo Bay in return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's release has pledged to return to fight Americans in Afghanistan, according to a fellow militant and a relative.

"After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Noori pushed to return to Afghanistan after learning that the U.S. had provided written assurances that no country would arrest any of the five freed for a year as long as they lived peacefully, one of his relatives told NBC News by telephone from Afghanistan.
Why isn't Obama in jail yet? Maybe we can let the Taliban kidnap him instead. Then we can trade 5 gangbangers to the Taliban to get him back.

Rinse and repeat.
Once he was gone I wouldn't want to risk being stuck with him again.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Should have tattooed a bulls eye on the foreheads of each of these nasty, stinky, unwashed savages and told em, best keep your mouth shut and your head down. :coolgleamA:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article ... 536772.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FBI investigates death threats against family.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Just so you know, I don't believe Oswald acted alone.

http://nymag.com/news/features/michael- ... ndex6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is an article on Michael Hastings. He died in a car accident a few years ago. It made a lot of news at the time as he was a writer for the Rolling Stone. He had an expose' on the General in who had to resign from the CIA because of an affair. Many thought he could have been targeted or was being chased by someone when he had the car accident. The reports showed he had been drinking.

What I did not know at the time was he was one of the writers who wrote a big expose' on Bowe Bergdahl being a traitor. The FBI apparently was investigating him because of this.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/traito ... gs-murder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike.B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike.B »

This story gets stranger and stranger. The U.S. government confirmed Wednesday that Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was discharged early from the Coast Guard, after only 26 days in boot camp, two years before he tried to enlist in the Army.

donkey

Post by donkey »

Mike.B wrote:This story gets stranger and stranger. The U.S. government confirmed Wednesday that Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was discharged early from the Coast Guard, after only 26 days in boot camp, two years before he tried to enlist in the Army.
It actually makes sense. Just further illustrates that if things weren't going the way he wanted them to he would just quit and leave. Being allowed to enlist in the Army after getting an uncharacterized discharge (AKA entry level separation) from the Coast Guard isn't that weird. During the time he enlisted, the Army needed people so they were granting waivers for all sorts of stuff.

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

jmra wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-b ... in-n124451

Rinse and repeat.
Once he was gone I wouldn't want to risk being stuck with him again.

The Taliban won't kidnap Obama because they know he's doing a better job tearing this country apart than they can
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

The more that comes out about this, the more I wonder if Bergdahl was doing more for our gov't than just being a POW.....

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/che ... e-capture/

Some kind of Serial Podcast. Bowe Bergdahl gives an interview and talks about his adventure. He compared himself to Jason Bourne.

Apparently he hasn't been sentenced yet and his attorney ok'd this interview and broadcast.

Considering the type of Federal Government we have today, maybe he will get a medal before its all over.

If I was his attorneys, I would want him to be sentenced before the next President takes office so that the current President can pardon him.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

I have 22 cents for bird dog Bergdahl......he is a traitor and I think a pardon should be illegal, should one be forth coming the pardoner should be prosecuted for treason as well complete with the death penalty on the table

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

philip964 wrote:Bowe Bergdahl gives an interview and talks about his adventure. He compared himself to Jason Bourne.
Was all I could do to keep my breakfast down when I listened to that bit this morning.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

JP171 wrote:I have 22 cents for bird dog Bergdahl......he is a traitor and I think a pardon should be illegal, should one be forth coming the pardoner should be prosecuted for treason as well complete with the death penalty on the table
We already have a blatant traitor running the county (into the ground) and another criminal traitor lining up to take his place....no one is doing or is going to do anything about it because the national GOP is largely a bunch of traitors as well.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Off-Topic”