18,000 Sign Petition to Ban Metallica From Music Fest

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 1

18,000 Sign Petition to Ban Metallica From Music Fest

Post by Selina Kyle »

"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Jumping Frog

Re: 18,000 Sign Petition to Ban Metallica From Music Fest

Post by Jumping Frog »

Not really sure why I give two hoots in heck what the Brits think about anything.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jmra

Post by jmra »

Jumping Frog wrote:Not really sure why I give two hoots in heck what the Brits think about anything.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

II kinda agree w/ the Brits on the whole "ban Metallica" thing for a different reason. James Hetfield is being pushed as the "New Ted Nugent" in part because he does not support the ownership of those scary looking so called "Assault Weapons"
"To me, though, some of the gun laws definitely don’t make any sense, but also the Second Amendment is very important to me. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Both sides are operating on a fear base. As an NRA member, I don't think we need to be afraid that if we compromise on some things, [they] are going to change so much. I don’t want to make it easier for someone to have an assault weapon, but I also want to be able to protect my family."
Source: https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-new ... 35904.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

G.A. Heath wrote:II kinda agree w/ the Brits on the whole "ban Metallica" thing for a different reason. James Hetfield is being pushed as the "New Ted Nugent" in part because he does not support the ownership of those scary looking so called "Assault Weapons"
"To me, though, some of the gun laws definitely don’t make any sense, but also the Second Amendment is very important to me. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Both sides are operating on a fear base. As an NRA member, I don't think we need to be afraid that if we compromise on some things, [they] are going to change so much. I don’t want to make it easier for someone to have an assault weapon, but I also want to be able to protect my family."
Source: https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-new ... 35904.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe these idjits should compromise their other rights away too.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:II kinda agree w/ the Brits on the whole "ban Metallica" thing for a different reason. James Hetfield is being pushed as the "New Ted Nugent" in part because he does not support the ownership of those scary looking so called "Assault Weapons"
Maybe these idjits should compromise their other rights away too.

Anygunanywhere
Maybe his should only go up to 10. Nobody needs 11. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Well of course the Brits are upset about guns.

They far and away prefer stabbing each other when it's appropriate...

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I love Metallica! That's the cd I blast when I have no kids in the car, including ACDC. I grew up listening to my uncles' music.

Funny the Brits are doing this petition. One summer night, our local pub in England was having metal night, they had a band that played Metallica all night, we could hear it from our bedroom window. I thought they played and sang quite well.

I'm so glad I don't have to drop Metallica like I did the Dixie Chicks. :evil2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “Off-Topic”