Texas DPS: Step up for your fingerprints, now!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas DPS: Step up for your fingerprints, now!

Post by Selina Kyle »

My best friend is a teacher and had to get fingerprints done prior to starting the school year. She had ink prints on file, but last year she had to get digital prints. I work in a buying office, so I've never had to do it.
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

gemini

Post by gemini »

cb1000rider wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:I wonder if they are acceptable for CHL.
No, those cost more.

It's just another way to solve more crimes... I can already hear "if you have nothing to hide, why do you care?"
DNA would do the same thing - collect from everyone, you'd solve a lot more crime....
It's certainly headed that way.
"headed that way", and some would say the beginning of End-Times. Depending on your beliefs.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

gemini wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

It's just another way to solve more crimes... I can already hear "if you have nothing to hide, why do you care?"
DNA would do the same thing - collect from everyone, you'd solve a lot more crime....
"headed that way", and some would say the beginning of End-Times. Depending on your beliefs.
When they start inserting microchips or tattooing bar codes I'm done.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

jmra wrote:
gemini wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

Done as in you're checking out or ??? :confused5
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

tomtexan wrote:
jmra wrote:
gemini wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

Done as in you're checking out or ??? :confused5
Done as in I will refuse to participate and will get as far underground as possible. Of course I don't plan on being here for that part anyway.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 10

Post by VMI77 »

jimlongley wrote:That will make it interesting for my wife. Starting with her first CHL application she has had to get no less than two sets of prints done, and once three. Every renewal DPS requests her prints and then denies the first time because the prints have not got enough definition. This last time the first was denied, a second set of prints was denied, and then they suddenly issued her CHL despite sending her a letter that they were denying and she needed to be printed again.

My wife's prints are just naturally not well defined, and she has spent a lifetime working with paper, which wears the prints down. A really skilled paper print operator can usually get enough definition with some effort, but the FAST system people are not what I would consider "really skilled" and don't put any effort into it despite being warned in advance. Their attitude seems to be "Yeah, right lady, you're trying to tell ME the expert . . ." and they get ten unreadable smudges.

I have told my wife that she needed to be living a successful life of crime instead of being a church secretary.
That's weird....because when I had to get reprinted my fingers were scanned and the computer either indicated a print was good or rejected it, and it was done over until the computer passed it.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

You could also solve a lot more crimes with telescreens in each home, random periodic house searches, and eliminating the Bill of Rights. Seems to be headed that way too.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I had the same question about my PE prints, and no, they're not.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

jmra wrote:
gemini wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

It will be voluntary at first, emphasizing convenience, and may not go mandatory at all. It won't have to because if the majority volunteers to be chipped, the rest of us won't be able to live as we do today. I've actually had people tell me they can't wait to get chipped so they don't have to carry money or credit cards. You'll have plenty of time to make decisions and provisions before it reaches a critical mass voluntarily or becomes mandatory.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 5

Post by sjfcontrol »

VMI77 wrote:
jmra wrote:
gemini wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

It will be voluntary at first, emphasizing convenience, and may not go mandatory at all. It won't have to because if the majority volunteers to be chipped, the rest of us won't be able to live as we do today. I've actually had people tell me they can't wait to get chipped so they don't have to carry money or credit cards. You'll have plenty of time to make decisions and provisions before it reaches a critical mass voluntarily or becomes mandatory.
Actually, it will start as voluntary microchipping of children so parents don't have to worry about losing them, and for medical ID, tracking against molesters, etc. Then when most children are being chipped, it will go mandatory for kids, and eventually everybody's chipped.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

VMI77 wrote:
jmra wrote:
gemini wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
No, those cost more.

The security will be laughable.
When chipped the crooks will be able to read their chips while walking by and then go buy something or withdraw all of the money in their bank accounts. Get financially wiped out in 3 minutes. Or less.
:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cb1000rider »

I remember when they implemented thumb-prints for DL.. Wasn't that long ago in my mind. I wonder what happens if you rendered yours unusable?
I know with a CHL they'll call you back, but a DL? Does anyone actually know.

After you've got a CHL, why worry about it? You've already provided that data.

I'm not worried about chips. We're pretty much all already chipped (cell phone) by our own doing. It's well established that cell phones provide location data and that cell phone providers already bend to government will. Basically: The chips are already here.

It's the DNA "fingerprinting" that's going to be the next big step. Watch out for the court that allows that. Mark that I predicted it.. :-)

(That's my tin-foil reality of the day)

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:I'm not worried about chips. We're pretty much all already chipped (cell phone) by our own doing. It's well established that cell phones provide location data and that cell phone providers already bend to government will. Basically: The chips are already here.
Are you being sarcastic or serious? You're willing to let the government inject a chip into your body because it's like a cell phone? I can take the battery out of my cell phone or leave it at home. And BTW, I only have a cell phone because my company issued it to me and pays for it. If I had to pay for it, I wouldn't have one.....at least not on a plan....I'd just have a burner phone that would be in my car, battery removed, in case of emergency.

Oh, as far as the DNA finger printing goes....they already made a pretty good movie about the consequences of that.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 5

Post by sjfcontrol »

VMI77 wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:I'm not worried about chips. We're pretty much all already chipped (cell phone) by our own doing. It's well established that cell phones provide location data and that cell phone providers already bend to government will. Basically: The chips are already here.
Are you being sarcastic or serious? You're willing to let the government inject a chip into your body because it's like a cell phone? I can take the battery out of my cell phone or leave it at home. And BTW, I only have a cell phone because my company issued it to me and pays for it. If I had to pay for it, I wouldn't have one.....at least not on a plan....I'd just have a burner phone that would be in my car, battery removed, in case of emergency.

Oh, as far as the DNA finger printing goes....they already made a pretty good movie about the consequences of that.
Gattaca?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Off-Topic”