Recommendations on place to hog hunt?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nyj
Posts in topic: 3

Recommendations on place to hog hunt?

Post by nyj »

That isn't ridiculously priced and central or south?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Recommendations on place to hog hunt?

Post by Oldgringo »

nyj wrote:That isn't ridiculously priced and central or south?
Wal-Mart?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

:smilelol5: "rlol" :smilelol5:

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Local famers and ranch owners may let you or even pay you to kill hogs off their land. Paying to go hunt an nuisance animal that is a plague in Texas makes no sense.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
nyj

Post by nyj »

nightmare69 wrote:Local famers and ranch owners may let you or even pay you to kill hogs off their land. Paying to go hunt an nuisance animal that is a plague in Texas makes no sense.
Completely agree. Too many people capitalizing on the invasion of hogs onto their property. I find it silly to pay you to get rid of an animal destroying your land. But, finding anything free isn't gonna happen unless I know someone.

TomV

Post by TomV »

I don't know how you define central or south, or expensive, but I enjoyed a trip to tall pines exotics. http://www.tallpinesexotics.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are more East than Central.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Found this one in a google search for cheap hog hunts Texas.

http://homermartinranch.com/hunting/hogs.html

Understand that even though hogs do a lot of damage to the owner's property, most ranchers and farmers are cash strapped and will do anything to stay in the black. There are probably more places that will allow hunting hogs for lodging or a small fee, but they also often provide stands, skinning, and packaging of the harvested animal.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

anygunanywhere wrote:Found this one in a google search for cheap hog hunts Texas.

Am I the only one impressed by the idea you'd take a hog with a bow? I'd have thought that if IT WERE POSSIBLE to get close enough to one of those wily beasts to kill it with an arrow, that YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO i.e. won't they charge if provoked?

I suppose these guys might be accompanied by firepower, but still... :shock:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

TomsTXCHL wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Found this one in a google search for cheap hog hunts Texas.

Am I the only one impressed by the idea you'd take a hog with a bow? I'd have thought that if IT WERE POSSIBLE to get close enough to one of those wily beasts to kill it with an arrow, that YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO i.e. won't they charge if provoked?

I suppose these guys might be accompanied by firepower, but still... :shock:
I know of several hogs taken by bow from ground blinds.

I faced down a wounded sow armed with a .44 mag pistol. Dropped her at my feet.

I will never hunt hogs again unless I am above ground and have one of my 300 WSMs.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

strider67

Post by strider67 »

I have "taken" several with a bow over the years. Every time from an elevated tree stand while deer hunting. Those little suckers are tougher to take than a deer in my opinion because there are usually so many of them all around your feeder that sniff/spot/rat you out. Just like anything with a bow...patience and shot placement.
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Topic author
nyj

Post by nyj »

Still looking!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Understand that even though hogs do a lot of damage to the owner's property, most ranchers and farmers are cash strapped and will do anything to stay in the black. There are probably more places that will allow hunting hogs for lodging or a small fee, but they also often provide stands, skinning, and packaging of the harvested animal.

Anygunanywhere
Thanks! Just sent a note to my BIL to see if he's interested in checking this place out.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”