New job bad time? (Rant Heavy)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
1s1k52
Posts in topic: 7

Re: New job bad time? (Rant Heavy)

Post by 1s1k52 »

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes I have heard about the insurance. I have also heard about the politics etc from other DPD officers. I have heard they have the best retirement around. I have also talked to a lot of officers who love it.

It's a start of a career I will get more use from then my telecom background leading me to the same pay scales and same crap but different places. The same can be said about any career but I have seen first hand the doors that open for police officers over my field.

The academy is 8 months I believe.

In regards to insurance. I have heard from people I work with now including my wife complain about our insurance from its best to worst changes in 6 years. I am convinced insurance, like a lot of other things, is just another thing some people just won't be happy with. With how things are going my current insurance could easily go south. So it wasn't something i didn't consider, but wife gave the go ahead so off I am going.
(insert clever signature here)

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Lots of places have garbage insurance and it will get worse.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 5

Post by nightmare69 »

My advise is get into shape now cause during those 8 months you will do thousands of hours of PT. Also it's your turn to start a police academy thread so I can close mine.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

nightmare69 wrote:My advise is get into shape now cause during those 8 months you will do thousands of hours of PT. Also it's your turn to start a police academy thread so I can close mine.
Maybe you prospective LEOs need your own section on the forum? :mrgreen:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

nightmare69 wrote:My advise is get into shape now cause during those 8 months you will do thousands of hours of PT. Also it's your turn to start a police academy thread so I can close mine.
Yeah I'm trying to get in shape! Where did you start yours? I'll start one!

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Maybe you prospective LEOs need your own section on the forum? :mrgreen:

Anygunanywhere
Make it happen captain :biggrinjester:

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

1s1k52 wrote:
I had mine in the LEO contacts and Bloopers forum. Work harder getting into shape, I promise they are going to run your butt off the first few weeks trying to weed out the weak. You don't want to be one of the cadets puking on the track.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

nightmare69 wrote:
1s1k52 wrote:
I had mine in the LEO contacts and Bloopers forum. Work harder getting into shape, I promise they are going to run your butt off the first few weeks trying to weed out the weak. You don't want to be one of the cadets puking on the track.
lol I have never been much of a long distance runner. Yeah I am doing running and a lot of cross fit style style training vs just lifting weights etc

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I could not imagine going through an 8 month academy, 4 months was more than enough. I was tired of sitting in class studying and taking tests. Since you are getting paid it won't be so bad, I was only sponsored and not hired. Start you a thread and keep us updated with what is going on.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Return to “Off-Topic”