Memories

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Memories

Post by VoiceofReason »

Something I read on another post brought back a memory I thought might give someone a chuckle.

When I worked L.E. another Deputy and I went to San Antonio to pick up a man that was being held for our county on a “no show”.

When we went into the jail area we had to check all weapons at the desk. My partner laid his sidearm on the counter, the deputy gave him a receipt and he stepped to the side.

I laid my S&W 357 on the counter in front of the deputy. Then I reached down, removed my S&W 638 from my ankle holster, laid it on the counter then my baton, black jack and Mace.

He looked at me, looked down at the equipment, looked back up at me and asked “anything else”? I patted myself down and I said “nope”. He gave me a receipt for all of it and we went in to take custody of the prisoner.

You had to be there to see that little exchange to fully appreciate the comedy, but if you have a good imagination you might get a smile out of this little story. Got a couple more if anyone wants me to post them.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Memories

Post by mojo84 »

No knife?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

VoiceofReason,

I enjoyed your memory.

Please: More.

Thanks!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:VoiceofReason,

I enjoyed your memory.

Please: More.

Thanks!
:iagree: :hurry:
NRA Endowment Member

DocV

Post by DocV »

:lol:
Yes, more please!

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

More please!!!!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

VoiceofReason wrote:Something I read on another post brought back a memory I thought might give someone a chuckle.

When I worked L.E. another Deputy and I went to San Antonio to pick up a man that was being held for our county on a “no show”.

When we went into the jail area we had to check all weapons at the desk. My partner laid his sidearm on the counter, the deputy gave him a receipt and he stepped to the side.

I laid my S&W 357 on the counter in front of the deputy. Then I reached down, removed my S&W 638 from my ankle holster, laid it on the counter then my baton, black jack and Mace.

He looked at me, looked down at the equipment, looked back up at me and asked “anything else”? I patted myself down and I said “nope”. He gave me a receipt for all of it and we went in to take custody of the prisoner.

You had to be there to see that little exchange to fully appreciate the comedy, but if you have a good imagination you might get a smile out of this little story. Got a couple more if anyone wants me to post them.
Maybe you should change your forum name to Tackleberry! :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Great story. Thanks for sharing!
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

If there are any active or former LE that follow this thread and have a few stories, please post them. I would like to read them.

We got a call one Christmas Eve to a little bar about 10 miles from the city limits about a guy that was being “disruptive” and would not leave.

When we arrived we found a man sitting in the corner with about six or seven people around him laughing loudly. He wasn’t being vulgar or aggressive toward anyone, he was just telling jokes and stories that had the group laughing loudly. It was “bothering” some other patrons and the manager so the manager asked him to leave. He refused.

We asked him to leave and he refused because he didn’t feel he was doing anything wrong. Even the manager admitted the guy wasn’t talking loudly or making fun of anyone. We told him we were going to take him home and he said he would just come back.

We didn’t want to arrest this guy on Christmas Eve, but the manager wanted him out. We put the guy in the back seat of the car and headed toward the jail. This guy could have been a professional comedian. He had my partner and I laughing all the way to the jail.

We told the jailer not to book him, just hold him for 3 or4 hours and when he had sobered up we would take him home. (In a small rural SO you can do this.)

The Jailer put him in the drunk tank, we signed a custody form and as we headed out the door we heard loud laughter coming from the drunk tank. "rlol"
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

VoiceofReason wrote:If there are any active or former LE that follow this thread and have a few stories, please post them. I would like to read them.

We got a call one Christmas Eve to a little bar about 10 miles from the city limits about a guy that was being “disruptive” and would not leave.

When we arrived we found a man sitting in the corner with about six or seven people around him laughing loudly. He wasn’t being vulgar or aggressive toward anyone, he was just telling jokes and stories that had the group laughing loudly. It was “bothering” some other patrons and the manager so the manager asked him to leave. He refused.

We asked him to leave and he refused because he didn’t feel he was doing anything wrong. Even the manager admitted the guy wasn’t talking loudly or making fun of anyone. We told him we were going to take him home and he said he would just come back.

We didn’t want to arrest this guy on Christmas Eve, but the manager wanted him out. We put the guy in the back seat of the car and headed toward the jail. This guy could have been a professional comedian. He had my partner and I laughing all the way to the jail.

We told the jailer not to book him, just hold him for 3 or4 hours and when he had sobered up we would take him home. (In a small rural SO you can do this.)

The Jailer put him in the drunk tank, we signed a custody form and as we headed out the door we heard loud laughter coming from the drunk tank. "rlol"
It wasn't Ron "Tater Salad" White was it? :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Another one.

My regular partner and I were working “mids” and about three hours into the shift we stopped at a truck stop just South of town for coffee. He was going to drop me at the rest room, park the unit and meet me inside.

I was just zipping up when I heard a loud crash, my partner yell STOP and a car engine accelerate past the door. I got to the door just in time to see my partner leaving the parking lot, lights and siren going and chasing a car.

There I stood in uniform unable to go anywhere wondering what to do now.

I went inside got a cup and piece of pie and listened on the scanner. Later when my partner picked me up, he apologized for leaving me and admitted if he had run into a bad situation, leaving me could have been fatal for him.

Seems two brothers in their early teens broke into a neighbors mobile home that was on vacation, drank some of his booze and found the keys to a car parked in the driveway. The loud crash was them coming in the back of the parking lot where there was no entrance. The crash was the frame coming down hard on the curb.

When they saw my partner and the patrol car, they took off trying to get the car back where it belonged. In the process they hit the neighbors mobile home with his car and knocked the home off the foundation.

A crowd had gathered and when a man in the crowd found out the boys were his sons, it took three deputies to keep him from getting to them. The boys weren’t hurt (at that time) and they were taken to jail for the night mostly to give dad a little time to cool down.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I was a patrolman in the NYState Park Police, but due to funny regulations I did not carry a gun. I was originally hired as a "dispatcher" and kind of a roving patrol for the picnic areas around the pool, and then promoted to patrol when we hired the sergeant's brother in law for my job.

Among other funny stories was the day when "Aunt Mary's Block Party" and the "Polish Community Center Softball League" got into a fracas out at the softball diamonds. The block party group was not satisfied with the placement of the tables under the trees, so they moved them, and a couple wound up in left field. Someone hit a long fly ball into the middle of the tables, someone took the ball and threw it over the cliff, and the "brawl" was on.

The word went out over the radio that there was a riot in the softball fields, and every patrolman on duty converged. I have never seen anyone take an Electra-glide cross country before. As part of my evaluation for patrol duty, the lieutenant was having me drive him around while he instructed me on the dos and donts, and I got to drive, red lights and sirens. Not really all that impressive, though, because I had been a fireman for years and had driven some much bigger stuff RL&S.

We arrived at the fracas and prevented the softball league from dumping the gumbo and the block party from throwing the bats in the fire.

After things had calmed down and the block party people had been informed that there was a reason for the picnic tables NOT to be in left field, and the softball team received a ruling of a ground rule double, the lieutenant stood on one of the tables and addressed all those assembled: "I am going to leave a patrolman here for the rest of the afternoon to keep the peace." And as he said the next sentence I knew I was in trouble. "You will note that Jim doesn't carry a gun, HE DOESN'T NEED TO!"

I think I gained about 5 pounds on polish sausage and fried okra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boyd_ ... State_Park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

puma guy wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:<SNIP>
He wasn’t being vulgar or aggressive toward anyone, he was just telling jokes and stories that had the group laughing loudly. It was “bothering” some other patrons and the manager so the manager asked him to leave. He refused.<SNIP>
It wasn't Ron "Tater Salad" White was it? :lol:
He said he wasn't being vulgar.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Off-Topic”