Crime rates drop as CCW increases

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Crime rates drop as CCW increases

Post by RetNavy »

[urlhttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/09/murder-dr ... latestnews][/url]

very interesing article, to bad Bloomberg Nannies will never read it
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

gljjt

Re: Crime rates drop as CCW increases

Post by gljjt »

RetNavy wrote:[urlhttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/09/murder-dr ... latestnews][/url]

very interesing article, to bad Bloomberg Nannies will never read it
Oh they will read it. Then distort it. Then lie further about it.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Link fixed: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise, study claims

A study issued by the Crime Research Prevention Center, the think tank started by one of my 2A heroes, John Lott.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

News to me. CHLers in 2013 are 708K or 249K more in a single year, that is a 50% jump in a single year!! :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :txflag:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Here's a link to the actual report: http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.or ... States.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some interesting stats:
The Florida numbers can easily be compared to data on firearms violations by police officers during the three years from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2007.
During that time period, the annual rate of such violations by police was at least 0.007 percent. That is higher than the rate for permit holders in Florida.
The police data on total annual offenses also provide a direct comparison for Florida and Texas. The rate of all crimes committed by police is 0.124 percent – a number about 6 times higher than the rate for in Texas and about 10 times higher than for Florida.
That's gonna get a few panties in a wad. Imagine a liberal's head exploding when you tell him that CHL holders in Texas are 6 times LESS likely to commit a crime than the police!
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

baldeagle wrote:Here's a link to the actual report: http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.or ... States.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some interesting stats:
The Florida numbers can easily be compared to data on firearms violations by police officers during the three years from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2007.
During that time period, the annual rate of such violations by police was at least 0.007 percent. That is higher than the rate for permit holders in Florida.
The police data on total annual offenses also provide a direct comparison for Florida and Texas. The rate of all crimes committed by police is 0.124 percent – a number about 6 times higher than the rate for in Texas and about 10 times higher than for Florida.
That's gonna get a few panties in a wad. Imagine a liberal's head exploding when you tell him that CHL holders in Texas are 6 times LESS likely to commit a crime than the police!
I'm not a big fan of using statistics as political argument (too much selective data in most stats), but I'm definitely gonna use that one... "rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”