Sargent Matthew Eversmann-Battle of Mogadishu

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Sargent Matthew Eversmann-Battle of Mogadishu

Post by puma guy »

This evening I had the honor and privilege of meeting Matthew Eversmann who was a US Army Ranger Staff Sargent when he was involved in the Battle of Mogadishu, which was the inspiration for the book and movie "Black Hawk Down". Both a survivor and a hero of that tragic event he gave a most inspiring and moving talk on the battle and events. With genuine humility he downplayed his role, giving credit to his men. Time constraints prevented him from covering the entire episode, so I am going to read his book. BTW, He never mentioned his book and even after the event sponsor, DeWalt Tools, played a segment from the movie he minimized his role. To avoid an political issues I will only say he provided some interesting insight to the event.
DeWalt held the event to push American their made products and their efforts to pull jobs back here. They are also committed to contribute $750,000 to Project Wounded Warrior and have already made significant progress toward that goal. I am not affiliated in any way with the company, I got an invite from my future son-in-law who works in an industry served by the tool maker.
Attachments
Staff Sgt Matt Eversmann.jpg
SSGT Matt Eversmann and Stephen 1.jpg
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sargent Matthew Eversmann-Battle of Mogadishu

Post by RJGold »

Awesome...

Thanks for sharing your experience...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Return to “Off-Topic”