Jesse Ventura wins $1.84M in defamation suit v. Chris Kyle

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 1

Jesse Ventura wins $1.84M in defamation suit v. Chris Kyle

Post by TxD »

I am sad, very sad.

"Ventura sued Chris Kyle, a former SEAL sniper, who wrote in his bestselling memoir, “American Sniper,” that he punched out a “celebrity” former SEAL at a bar in 2006 for saying the SEALs “deserve to lose a few” for their role in the Iraq war. He later identified Ventura in media interviews."

http://www.startribune.com/local/269042 ... page=2&c=y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Black Rifles Matter

Bobby23

Re: Jesse Ventura wins $1.84M in defamation suit v. Chris Ky

Post by Bobby23 »

His rep was shot long ago and this court 'victory' won't fix any of the self-inflicted damage.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

The only chance Ventura has of holding on to any respect is to donate everything he gets or the total amount awarded back to the Kyle Foundation.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

This verdict made me sick. He does not deserve a dime. Doesn't he realize that this lawsuit hurt his reputation more than this book ever did?
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 14

Post by baldeagle »

CHLLady wrote:This verdict made me sick. He does not deserve a dime. Doesn't he realize that this lawsuit hurt his reputation more than this book ever did?
Clearly he doesn't.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

AFAmmo

Post by AFAmmo »

How does that guy sleep at night?

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

So by winning how much did he lose?

Everything.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

There aren't enough words allowed on this forum to describe Ventura. :mad5

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 21

Post by EEllis »

Kyle wrote that JV said that he hated America, that America was murdering people, and that the Seals deserved to lose a few. Now I don't want to say anything negative about Kyle but it just doesn't pass the sniff test for a number of reasons and Kyle used that anecdote to push his book. He made money off what 8 jurors believe was a fabrication. Now JV has come off as a bit of a nut with his conspiracy theory stuff and his strange comments but having Kyle, whom many people rightly admire, trash him with what is reportedly a false story has done quite a bit of damage to his reputation and is ability to make a living. If it was true then JV deserves some money, most of which, since he is paying hourly for his legal fees , will most likely go to his lawyers.

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

Made worse by the fact that it is Kyle's estate that has to pay up (as in his widow). I think it is reprehensible that a former SEAL would go after a brother in this manner to begin with. Ventura is a dirtbag of the first order, and a greedy one at that. Makes me sick!

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

No one cared what JV said in a bar fight. Not until he made a stink. He was a weird fellow anyway. Now he looks like a low life weirdo going after veterans widows. Hope he enjoys that $$. He lost quite bit in the exchange.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 21

Post by EEllis »

williamkevin wrote:Made worse by the fact that it is Kyle's estate that has to pay up (as in his widow). I think it is reprehensible that a former SEAL would go after a brother in this manner to begin with. Ventura is a dirtbag of the first order, and a greedy one at that. Makes me sick!
Well insurance will be paying for a good part of it and if I remember right Kyle wasn't going to keep any of the money for the book anyway. His widow has said or it has been reported that the only reason she hasn't been donating the money is so she'll still have it if they lost so it's not anything out of her pocket. Heck if Kyle hadn't lied and used the story he wouldn't of sold nearly as much. If it makes you sad that JV would go after someone who lied and used him, then how do you feel about someone who lied about a brother team member, because JV wasn't a seal he was UDT, to sell a book? How greedy does that look? I don't even like JV but .....

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

He won.

Why?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Abraham wrote:He won.

Why?
Minnesota ex governor and Minnesota jury. Nuff said
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

EEllis wrote:
williamkevin wrote:Made worse by the fact that it is Kyle's estate that has to pay up (as in his widow). I think it is reprehensible that a former SEAL would go after a brother in this manner to begin with. Ventura is a dirtbag of the first order, and a greedy one at that. Makes me sick!
Well insurance will be paying for a good part of it and if I remember right Kyle wasn't going to keep any of the money for the book anyway. His widow has said or it has been reported that the only reason she hasn't been donating the money is so she'll still have it if they lost so it's not anything out of her pocket. Heck if Kyle hadn't lied and used the story he wouldn't of sold nearly as much. If it makes you sad that JV would go after someone who lied and used him, then how do you feel about someone who lied about a brother team member, because JV wasn't a seal he was UDT, to sell a book? How greedy does that look? I don't even like JV but .....

EE, Jackanapes Vagabond runs around telling everyone he was a seal, but according to his DD-214 he was never a seal and passed only the BASIC UDT course not sure about the fight or not, but I can check with some people I know that bark for a living and see what they say. I believe the Kyle Story more than JV's gaseous discharge :mad5

Return to “Off-Topic”