Shopping Carts Or Crutches?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shopping Carts Or Crutches?

Post by Jason K »

When I use a shopping cart to take items to my car, I always leave it beside a handicapped parking space for this reason. I have friends who have told me that the appreciate having a cart there to help them walk inside.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The thing that seems to be bothering me lately (well, ONE of the things, anyway...) are those parents in grocery (and other) stores that that use these full-size shopping carts with a plastic car attached to the front for their kids to ride in. These things are essentially the "18-wheeler" of shopping carts. When passing through store 'intersections', there is no way for the parent to see down the intersecting isle whether someone else is about to step out -- and they push their kid (in the car) right in front of you. :banghead:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jim Beaux »

In reading all the complaints on this thread, there is not one that even mentions the outrageous price of groceries!

Yall must all be rich lawyers! :evil2: :woohoo
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Jim Beaux wrote:In reading all the complaints on this thread, there is not one that even mentions the outrageous price of groceries!
I haven't noticed a huge jump in the groceries I buy but is it my imagination or has the price of bleach spiked over the past year?
When in doubt
Vote them out!

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

I have arthritis to the point where I need to leen on a shopping cart to get around the store, however while leaning on the cart I can get around as fast or faster then most shoppers without a handicap, and i see no reason to block the aisles. Blocking the aisles is more a problem with simple courtesey then having anything to do with a handicap. Since getting in and out of a wheelchair or scooter is difficult for me leaning on the cart seems to be the best option available for me.

Before the arthritis started to catch up to me I spent several years dealing with progressive degeneration of my wifes ability to function (Parkinsons) and had many of the problems mentioned below in gaining control of an electric wheelchair. We finally found the best solution to this was for her to practice in empty parking lots. I lost her in 2009 and would give anything to have to deal with the locomotion and care problems which seemed so difficult at the time.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Jim Beaux,

Ummmm, Jim...ah, you may be on the wrong site...

Sorry to tell you, but this site is for the FABULOUSLY wealthy only.

Thought you knew.

Now, I have to tell the servants whether to bring my Chinchilla slippers or my Ermine. Wait, I'll compromise, my right tootsie should be adorned with Chinchilla and my left with Ermine.

I've made an executive decision.

Ta Ta!

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

bauerdj wrote:Blocking the aisles is more a problem with simple courtesey then having anything to do with a handicap. Since getting in and out of a wheelchair or scooter is difficult for me leaning on the cart seems to be the best option available for me.

This

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

gljjt wrote:
bauerdj wrote:Blocking the aisles is more a problem with simple courtesey then having anything to do with a handicap. Since getting in and out of a wheelchair or scooter is difficult for me leaning on the cart seems to be the best option available for me.

This
Bingo. It's courtesy and situational awareness, neither of which automatically come with age, youth, agility, nor infirmity. I've seen elderly handicapped people block the aisles and force the younger folks around or even into different aisles, and I've seen them dodge out of the way of said younger folks before the youths even knew they were there. Old, young, able, or handicapped, each has their own gentlemen/ladies and their own boors and idiots. It's ceased to bother me these days; I thank those who pay attention, young or old, and dodge those who don't.

That being said, I do hope the little twitter idjits that literally ran away from me in Wally World when I approached them to ask for assistence remember me; I know their manager certainly does. :evil2: Slacker employees, far more than rude customers, are what get my goat these days.

Return to “Off-Topic”