Rick Perry indicted on two felony charges

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Rick Perry indicted on two felony charges

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:Perry is definitely not perfect. As with everyone, except my wife of course :lol: , there are things I agree with him and things on which I disagree with him. All things considered, he has done a good job for Texas.

I think this is just political thuggery and makes Austin/Texas politics look more and more like Chicago politics.
Well, the fish rots from the head. The bunch in power now has permanently contaminated the Democratic party.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

VMI77 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Perry is definitely not perfect. As with everyone, except my wife of course :lol: , there are things I agree with him and things on which I disagree with him. All things considered, he has done a good job for Texas.

I think this is just political thuggery and makes Austin/Texas politics look more and more like Chicago politics.
Well, the fish rots from the head. The bunch in power now has permanently contaminated the Democratic party.
This bunch is just continuing something that began in 1850±. :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Lehmberg was sued in late 2013 by Travis County Attorney David Escamilla to remove her from office. If you can stomach an op-ed piece from the incredibly left-leaning Austin Chronicle, here's a link.

The lawsuit to remove Lehmberg was unsuccessful. But there are some interesting artifacts from that case. Notably, this one: http://tacticsandtraining.com/TXCHL/Leh ... ceipts.pdf. Mind you, these represent Lehmberg's alcohol purchases from only one liquor store chain, not her total alcohol consumption.

From January 2012 to April 2013—15 months—Lehmberg made 59 purchases of alcohol at Twin Liquors stores, nearly one purchase per week, and adding up to 24.7 gallons of hard liquor.

Her drunk-driving arrest was no one-time fluke. Rosemary Lehmberg has a demonstrated history of significant and frequent alcohol consumption. She purchased vodka on the day of her arrest, and an open bottle of vodka was found in her car during the arrest.

According to the receipts, Lehmberg spent about $4,400 on alcohol during the 15-month period at Twin Liquors stores alone: a rate of $293 per month. That's at a single merchant.

This is the Austin District Attorney and head of the Public Integrity Unit of Texas.

This woman needs to be removed from office...and barred from any future judicial, legislative, or executive office.

The whole business is so nasty that I just contributed, again, to https://www.rickpac.org/.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:Lehmberg was sued in late 2013 by Travis County Attorney David Escamilla to remove her from office. If you can stomach an op-ed piece from the incredibly left-leaning Austin Chronicle, here's a link.

The lawsuit to remove Lehmberg was unsuccessful. But there are some interesting artifacts from that case. Notably, this one: http://tacticsandtraining.com/TXCHL/Leh ... ceipts.pdf. Mind you, these represent Lehmberg's alcohol purchases from only one liquor store chain, not her total alcohol consumption.

From January 2012 to April 2013—15 months—Lehmberg made 59 purchases of alcohol at Twin Liquors stores, nearly one purchase per week, and adding up to 24.7 gallons of hard liquor.

Her drunk-driving arrest was no one-time fluke. Rosemary Lehmberg has a demonstrated history of significant and frequent alcohol consumption. She purchased vodka on the day of her arrest, and an open bottle of vodka was found in her car during the arrest.

According to the receipts, Lehmberg spent about $4,400 on alcohol during the 15-month period at Twin Liquors stores alone: a rate of $293 per month. That's at a single merchant.

This is the Austin District Attorney and head of the Public Integrity Unit of Texas.

This woman needs to be removed from office...and barred from any future judicial, legislative, or executive office.

The whole business is so nasty that I just contributed, again, to https://www.rickpac.org/.
That slattern has a serious drinking problem.......and it isn't just her volume of consumption. It is extremely evident that she has a drunk's "it's always the other person's problem/fault" syndrome.......just like that jail video where she told the female jailer that it was going to be her problem if she didn't call the Sheriff to come get Lehmberg out of jail. She's not just a drunk, she's a sloppy, mean drunk. And if her body is processing as much alcohol day in/day out as these receipts seem to indicate, then there is no way that she's not drunk at work. Political affiliations aside, the residents of Texas deserve better than that. I would argue that even democrats should deserve better than that, but they keep trying to preserve her tenure in office.........so they are in fact getting exactly what they deserve.......but that doesn't mean that the rest of us deserve it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

From the Patriot Post... The Governor removed this photo from his twitter account. He should have left it up.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/politics ... /14916307/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

III

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Skiprr wrote:Lehmberg was sued in late 2013 by Travis County Attorney David Escamilla to remove her from office. If you can stomach an op-ed piece from the incredibly left-leaning Austin Chronicle, here's a link.

That slattern has a serious drinking problem.......and it isn't just her volume of consumption. It is extremely evident that she has a drunk's "it's always the other person's problem/fault" syndrome.......just like that jail video where she told the female jailer that it was going to be her problem if she didn't call the Sheriff to come get Lehmberg out of jail. She's not just a drunk, she's a sloppy, mean drunk. And if her body is processing as much alcohol day in/day out as these receipts seem to indicate, then there is no way that she's not drunk at work. Political affiliations aside, the residents of Texas deserve better than that. I would argue that even democrats should deserve better than that, but they keep trying to preserve her tenure in office.........so they are in fact getting exactly what they deserve.......but that doesn't mean that the rest of us deserve it.
She is a convicted drunk driver. She showed her behind when she was drunk. She bought a lot of liquor. She should resign. Agreed. The rest, no.
24.7 gallons, about 4 oz. per day. Does she have a domestic partner? Do they share a couple of drinks in the evening? How large is her circle of friends?
Does she entertain?
Appearances can be deceiving.
When I was a much younger man, I maintained a work domicile in another state separate from my family for 13 months. At the time I was enamored of some German wines, but the local merchants didn't stock them. I convinced one merchant to order cases of the wine, which I in turn would purchase from him in half cases. I was consuming about a bottle and a half per week(a glass in the evening with my TV Dinner), so once a month I'd pick up a half case.
One Friday(bitterly cold, ice storm)members of my work group who normally commuted home were unable to travel due to conditions. Several were unable to find lodgings and wound up enjoying my hospitality for the weekend. Needless to say my friendly merchant was surprised to see me at his door, when the weather broke, wanting to purchase more wine. He informed just about everyone in the business community(small town America)that I had gone on a binge and was obviously turning into a drunk without my family around to keep me in check. When next I made some deposits at the bank, My banker invited me into his office and asked how he could help, invited me to attend services, etc. I laughed, thanked him for his concern and assured him all was well. That evening my parish priest showed up at my door. The number of folks who over the next week showed their concern for my well being was quite heart warming, but angry making too.
I never returned to my friendly merchant, he probably still has 2 or 3 cases of the wine in his backroom.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jim Beaux »

Dadtodabone wrote:
She is a convicted drunk driver. She showed her behind when she was drunk. She bought a lot of liquor. She should resign. Agreed. The rest, no.
24.7 gallons, about 4 oz. per day. Does she have a domestic partner? Do they share a couple of drinks in the evening? How large is her circle of friends?
Does she entertain?
When I was a much younger man, I maintained a work domicile in another state separate from my family for 13 months. At the time I was enamored of some German wines, but the local merchants didn't stock them. I convinced one merchant to order cases of the wine, which I in turn would purchase from him in half cases. I was consuming about a bottle and a half per week(a glass in the evening with my TV Dinner), so once a month I'd pick up a half case.
One Friday(bitterly cold, ice storm)members of my work group who normally commuted home were unable to travel due to conditions. Several were unable to find lodgings and wound up enjoying my hospitality for the weekend. Needless to say my friendly merchant was surprised to see me at his door, when the weather broke, wanting to purchase more wine. He informed just about everyone in the business community(small town America)that I had gone on a binge and was obviously turning into a drunk without my family around to keep me in check. When next I made some deposits at the bank, My banker invited me into his office and asked how he could help, invited me to attend services, etc. I laughed, thanked him for his concern and assured him all was well. That evening my parish priest showed up at my door. The number of folks who over the next week showed their concern for my well being was quite heart warming, but angry making too.
I never returned to my friendly merchant, he probably still has 2 or 3 cases of the wine in his backroom.

I see things differently:

Consuming 24.7 gals in 450 days is about 5 drinks a day. (1.5 oz jigger = 1 drink)

It's been my observation that many hard drunks gravitate to vodka; and even if we assume that Lehmberg was drinking with a padnuh, this isnt a mere couple of drinks in the evening, it's 5 drinks a day (Sun thru Sat) & it's a lot. It's also reasonable to assume that she had drinks away from home.

If she was entertaining she would buy an assortment of booze, not just vodka. I think TAM's description of Lehmberg as being "slattern" is generous. :mrgreen:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dadtodabone »

:tiphat:
Jim Beaux wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
Does she entertain?

I see things differently:

Consuming 24.7 gals in 450 days is about 5 drinks a day. (1.5 oz jigger = 1 drink)

It's been my observation that many hard drunks gravitate to vodka; and even if we assume that Lehmberg was drinking with a padnuh, this isnt a mere couple of drinks in the evening, it's 5 drinks a day (Sun thru Sat) & it's a lot. It's also reasonable to assume that she had drinks away from home.

If she was entertaining she would buy an assortment of booze, not just vodka. I think TAM's description of Lehmberg as being "slattern" is generous. :mrgreen:
My point is, we don't know. :cheers2:
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

As usual, vindication is slow in coming and many times arrives well after the damage is done.

I'm not a big Perry fan but wrong is wrong and right is right. This indictment was absolutely wrong.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

It would seem we need to move the Capital out of Austin.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

mojo84 wrote:

As usual, vindication is slow in coming and many times arrives well after the damage is done.

I'm not a big Perry fan but wrong is wrong and right is right. This indictment was absolutely wrong.
Everyone with even a modicum of legal knowledge knew it, too, and saw it for what it was, a naked attempt to bring down a popular, successful Republican governor who might follow his predecessor.

As to Perry, he was a knight in shining armor compared to the bozos in California since Pete Wilson. They have endured Moonbeam twice!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Return to “Off-Topic”