Rick Perry indicted on two felony charges

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Rick Perry indicted on two felony charges

Post by sjfcontrol »

Keith B wrote:
RPBrown wrote:
Why not? Our current POTUS cant even remember where he was born "rlol"
Or the fact he was the whole reason we got troops out of Iraq

[video][/video]
Ya know, ending wars (for a president) is easy -- winning them, not so much.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ELB wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote: ...
Apparently, he has a contempt of court hearing waiting for him on an allegation of witness tampering. ...

Chas.
I saw that earlier, but it doesn't sound like something that by itself would cause him to actively run off the rails like he appears to with this indictment. As I mentioned earlier, I will be interested to see where he and Lehmberg land when this is all over.
I agree and I didn't mean to suggest this is why he did it. I think it does speak to his honesty and integrity, if the allegations are true.

Chas.

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gljjt »

I didn't see the Governor's comments but it could be his attempt to stay above the fray. Not giving the charges any credence. Anything he says will be over analyzed and torn apart. The public opinion momentum is behind him now. He shouldn't do anything to distract the negative views almost everyone except die hard Perry haters have of the DA and prosecutor. Let them hang themselves while his lawyers work his side in the background.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

baldeagle wrote:I watched Perry on the news last night. He was in New Hampshire (I guess testing the Presidential waters), and a reporter asked him about the indictment. He stumbled and bumbled around, said there was two of them and he thought one was for bribery or something. Said he's not a lawyer and really doesn't understand all this stuff.

I thought, are you serious? I'm not a lawyer, but I know what the charges are. YOU were charged. How could you not know precisely what you were charged with? It would be imprinted on my brain forever. It reminded me of his stumble in the debates (I can't remember what the other one was), and I thought, Rick you just blew the most golden gift any politician has ever received.

Maybe he's just not destined to be Presidential material.
I am no fan of Perry(unless he runs with that poster I saw), and the above is a nice indicator of why. But again, these indictments are just stupid.

CainA

Post by CainA »

I am digging this shirt!

Here's a link if you want one:

https://www.rickpac.org/donations/limit ... hot-shirt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
baldeagle wrote:I watched Perry on the news last night. He was in New Hampshire (I guess testing the Presidential waters), and a reporter asked him about the indictment. He stumbled and bumbled around, said there was two of them and he thought one was for bribery or something. Said he's not a lawyer and really doesn't understand all this stuff.

I thought, are you serious? I'm not a lawyer, but I know what the charges are. YOU were charged. How could you not know precisely what you were charged with? It would be imprinted on my brain forever. It reminded me of his stumble in the debates (I can't remember what the other one was), and I thought, Rick you just blew the most golden gift any politician has ever received.

I am no fan of Perry(unless he runs with that poster I saw), and the above is a nice indicator of why. But again, these indictments are just stupid.
In my 64 years, Texas has had only two good Governors -- George Bush and Rick Perry. All the others were Democrats (except for one in 1870) with all that moniker entails. Anyone who complains about Perry either is a Democrat, wasn't here when the Democrats were in control, or didn't pay attention to politics when the Democrats were in control.

Chas.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

CainA wrote:I am digging this shirt!

[ Image ]

https://www.rickpac.org/donations/limit ... hot-shirt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would like the shirt if it didn't have HER picture on it. That one is SCARY!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Keith B wrote:

[ Image ]

At least it's on the back. The wearer won't have to look at it -- just others. :biggrinjester:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

In my 64 years, Texas has had only two good Governors -- George Bush and Rick Perry. All the others were Democrats (except for one in 1870) with all that moniker entails. Anyone who complains about Perry either is a Democrat, wasn't here when the Democrats were in control, or didn't pay attention to politics when the Democrats were in control.

Chas.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one. :tiphat: :cheers2:

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:

Chas.
Ann Richards was good for a laugh from time to time.

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jim Beaux »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Keith B wrote:

[ Image ]

At least it's on the back. The wearer won't have to look at it -- just others. :biggrinjester:

and that's a good thing! Wont have to worry about anyone sneaking up behind you..... :biggrinjester:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Perry is definitely not perfect. As with everyone, except my wife of course :lol: , there are things I agree with him and things on which I disagree with him. All things considered, he has done a good job for Texas.

I think this is just political thuggery and makes Austin/Texas politics look more and more like Chicago politics.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

Interesting:
AUSTIN -- Gov. Rick Perry personally called a well-known Austin Democrat to discuss her interest in replacing Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg days before the public learned Perry was threatening to withhold state funding from Lehmberg's office unless she resigned.

Austin defense attorney Mindy Montford, who previously ran as a Democratic candidate for state district judge and district attorney in Travis County, confirmed her conversation with Perry — which took place in early June 2013, to the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV on Sunday.
http://www.kvue.com/story/news/politics ... /14549933/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USAF 1982-2005

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

ELB wrote:Interesting:
AUSTIN -- Gov. Rick Perry personally called a well-known Austin Democrat to discuss her interest in replacing Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg days before the public learned Perry was threatening to withhold state funding from Lehmberg's office unless she resigned.

Austin defense attorney Mindy Montford, who previously ran as a Democratic candidate for state district judge and district attorney in Travis County, confirmed her conversation with Perry — which took place in early June 2013, to the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV on Sunday.
http://www.kvue.com/story/news/politics ... /14549933/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw that on the news last night. This hurts the Democrats' argument against Perry. He tried to get a convicted criminal out of office and he even sought out a Democrat as a replacement to avoid the political party argument. This would have left the public integrity unit in tact and fully funded. Unfortunately, the convicted criminal wanted to say in office more than she wanted to see the public integrity unit remain operational. That's a classic Democrat for you!

Chas.

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Post by ELB »

Would have been a clever move it it worked. Had he appointed a Republican, not only would there have been the propaganda noise from the Dems, but he or she would have lasted only until the next election, being in Travis County. By appointing Montford, he would still be rubbing Lehmberg's nose in it (since, as I understand it, Montford ran against Lehmberg in the the Dem primary) and had the faint possibility that Montford would be at least slightly respectful of the Governor who appointed her. Altho the Dems do not have a good track record of respecting "bipartisanship."
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Off-Topic”