Originator of the "Ice Bucket Challenge" drowns

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Originator of the "Ice Bucket Challenge" drowns

Post by jmra »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... agic-turn/
"while celebrating the campaign’s success, he took a fatal plunge into the waters of Nantucket"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SQLGeek

Re: Originator of the "Ice Bucket Challenge" drowns

Post by SQLGeek »

That's a rough way to learn that actions have consequences.
Psalm 91:2

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

I have no patience with nonsense like this. Do the challenge if you like, but I think it is juvenile. I give to the charities I know and believe in their cause. I give more when I have more (the last few years income increase have been scarce). I am sorry he died, but I am annoyed at the videos of ice buckets and challenges.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

To me the loss of this young man who was trying to raise awareness of a debilitating condition is a great loss to everyone.... who knows what other causes he might have thought of doing.... and the reason why i say this because I was diagnosed with ALS in May of 2013....

as with the pool challenge or any other challenges... (i.e. cancer runs).. this a great way to bring notice to a condition that affects about 50,000 people in a nation of millions... making a semi rare condtion.... and funding for the research in the cause and cure for this way underfunded compared to some of the well known conditions... look at what the media is doing with Parkinson now since a famous actor is suspected of having it.... and MS... and cancer.... ALS is not the well known so any attention to bring it to the fore front to me is appreciated

RetNavy
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

The one with Garth Brooks was funny. All the ice and water hit his hat and run off.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

mamabearCali wrote:I have no patience with nonsense like this. Do the challenge if you like, but I think it is juvenile. I give to the charities I know and believe in their cause. I give more when I have more (the last few years income increase have been scarce). I am sorry he died, but I am annoyed at the videos of ice buckets and challenges.
Got you to notice didn’t it? Got some money donated that probably wouldn’t have been.

I think it was silly too but it accomplished something good.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

Yep I noticed. I also noticed that sometimes people die from stupid stunts.

It is all laughs and smiles till someone gets hurt. Which can happen. For heavens sakes I knew a person who broke their neck in a pillow fight.

ALS is a worthy cause and it affects many people.

I may have been overly grumpy yesterday. I have no patience with pranks and this seems like a prank to me.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Return to “Off-Topic”