Uneasy--Wife Travelling to El Paso Next Week

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Blindref757
Posts in topic: 2

Uneasy--Wife Travelling to El Paso Next Week

Post by Blindref757 »

http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/ ... us-border/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This looks pretty serious to me...and I'm pretty sure that our State Department is too busy chasing their tail to even have a clue about this. I have begged my wife not to be there around 9-11, but it is go or find a new job. Not a good situation. She did travel this week (via car) with her Glock 42 and she asked me about checking it in with American for next week's trip.

tomdavis
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Uneasy--Wife Travelling to El Paso Next Week

Post by tomdavis »

I would feel the same way. But if my wife was determined to go then that is the way it would be.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Blindref757 wrote:http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/ ... us-border/

This looks pretty serious to me...and I'm pretty sure that our State Department is too busy chasing their tail to even have a clue about this. I have begged my wife not to be there around 9-11, but it is go or find a new job. Not a good situation. She did travel this week (via car) with her Glock 42 and she asked me about checking it in with American for next week's trip.
I recommend using a hard-sided case dedicated to the task, instead of a locked case inside a suitcase. Please see my recent posting for more info: /viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74203#p934364
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Tell her to keep her head on a swivel. If her spidey sense go off...spidey on outta there. Sometimes you can't mitigate all danger, but if you keep your wits about you that will go a long long way.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The odds of any given person being killed in the kind of attack described at the link you provided is very small. I'd be worried too, but realistically, her odds of being in the wrong place at the wrong time are probably very small. And that's assuming the warning is based on something more than caution and chatter.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Kiowa Scout

Post by Kiowa Scout »

VMI77 wrote:The odds of any given person being killed in the kind of attack described at the link you provided is very small. I'd be worried too, but realistically, her odds of being in the wrong place at the wrong time are probably very small. And that's assuming the warning is based on something more than caution and chatter.
The warning is based on more than just chatter. I was given this warning yesterday by good friend that "is in the know". He told me to watch out even in Midland/Odessa. They have info of something big going to happen. It's pretty bad when my bro tells me its time to kit up again.
"They all handle the sword and are expert in war; every man has his sword on his thigh, that fear be not excited in the night" Song of Solomon 3:8

Topic author
Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

Maybe this is why the US government has been stockpiling ammo??? No matter what...I'll be glad to hear that she is headed North and I'm prepared to drive there to get her if I have to (if the airlines are grounded). I heard today Fox was downplaying the threat..but I'm still nervous!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Didn't I read somewhere recently that El Paso was one of the safest cities in America?

Here we go - 3 years in a row.
http://www.elpasotimes.com/tablehome/ci ... e-city-u-s
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Kiowa Scout wrote:
VMI77 wrote:The odds of any given person being killed in the kind of attack described at the link you provided is very small. I'd be worried too, but realistically, her odds of being in the wrong place at the wrong time are probably very small. And that's assuming the warning is based on something more than caution and chatter.
The warning is based on more than just chatter. I was given this warning yesterday by good friend that "is in the know". He told me to watch out even in Midland/Odessa. They have info of something big going to happen. It's pretty bad when my bro tells me its time to kit up again.
Well, that doesn't mean he wasn't misinformed by superiors. Or that they're not just wrong. Or that what they're seeing isn't a faint or a bluff ---get people looking in Texas and attack in Commiefornia for example. My mistrust of the government is very high, but it could be true. And in fact, I'm surprised an over the border attack hasn't already occurred. I don't live or work in a big city but I'm not going anywhere but work and home on 9/11. I'm not afraid of anything happening to me but I also don't want to get locked down in the city if something does happen.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

El Paso is not a big deal. Fairly safe. Mom and sister still live there. The usual caveats apply. Also stay away from the border areas and she should be okay. Most of the crime happens right and the border and is usually associated with drugs or illegal aliens. Is it a shiny new very safe place... No. But it's no Mos Eisly spaceport. Now would I go over to Juarez any more... Not on your life!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Return to “Off-Topic”