Plan To Stay Home On 9/11 Or Go About Your Daily Business?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Plan To Stay Home On 9/11 Or Go About Your Daily Business?

Post by Abraham »

I'm tempted to stay home, but then I think no I won't be intimidated by terrorism.

Then again, maybe I'll tweak the "going about my usual business" with avoiding anyplace that contains crowds like malls.

What say you?

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Plan To Stay Home On 9/11 Or Go About Your Daily Busines

Post by mamabearCali »

I have my sons orthodontist appt, a midwife appt, and another doctors appt that day. I am stuck being out and about. I would rather be at home.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

Just another day.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Not going to go anywhere large crowds go. No mall, restaurants, sports stadiums.

Will be armed up with an AR and shotgun in the vehicles.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

howdy wrote:Just another day.
:iagree: If you stay home the terrorist's win. The whole purpose of terrorism is to invoke fear in the populace. If go about our business, be diligent in our observations, keep alert and vigilant, and stand strong, we at least show we are not going to bend to their threats.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mackbymack

Post by mackbymack »

I work from home, so it's just another Thursday for me.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Avoiding what has in the past been likely targets is not allowing the terrorists to win. Avoiding places where large numbers of sheeple graze helps one to better maintain situational awareness. We speak often of avoiding places in bad areas and there are those who avoid Mickey Ds like the plague. Does this mean the criminals have won?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

anygunanywhere wrote:Avoiding what has in the past been likely targets is not allowing the terrorists to win. Avoiding places where large numbers of sheeple graze helps one to better maintain situational awareness. We speak often of avoiding places in bad areas and there are those who avoid Mickey Ds like the plague. Does this mean the criminals have won?

Anygunanywhere
No, but my stomach has. :biggrinjester:

If a place it not safe, then yes we should try to avoid it. But just because a generalized threat is made that they MIGHT do SOMETHING SOMEWHERE at SOME TIME, then that is what where we need to not let them scare us into cowering in a corner.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Keith B wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Avoiding what has in the past been likely targets is not allowing the terrorists to win. Avoiding places where large numbers of sheeple graze helps one to better maintain situational awareness. We speak often of avoiding places in bad areas and there are those who avoid Mickey Ds like the plague. Does this mean the criminals have won?

Anygunanywhere
No, but my stomach has. :biggrinjester:

If a place it not safe, then yes we should try to avoid it. But just because a generalized threat is made that they MIGHT do SOMETHING SOMEWHERE at SOME TIME, then that is what where we need to not let them scare us into cowering in a corner.
I can't stomach the food either.

I agree with the not cowering in a corner.

It would be nice to be able to draw the terrorists out in the open for a free exchange of philosophy, so to speak.

Anygunanywhere

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

Keith B wrote:
howdy wrote:Just another day.
:iagree: If you stay home the terrorist's win. The whole purpose of terrorism is to invoke fear in the populace. If go about our business, be diligent in our observations, keep alert and vigilant, and stand strong, we at least show we are not going to bend to their threats.
:iagree: This!
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I hope to be finished with Jury Duty by then, so I don't have to spend the day in a large public building, surrounded by criminals, unarmed. :roll:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Megyn Kelly on Fox last night spoke to the fact that quite recently here in the U.S. "thousands of people" (she didn't specify if they were Muslim) have completely dropped off the radar, meaning suddenly there's no record of their existence or anything akin to activity from them like credit card use, etc. They just, poof, vanished...

After hearing on the news the one group of governmental types arguing that we've nothing to be concerned about, so don't sweat home grown terror from radicalized Muslims and other governmental types worriedly proclaiming we're at risk for "long wolf tactics" by the radicalized.

So which group do we believe?

Given the "sieve" called our border, there's a lot of unaccounted/undocumented folks walking around freely who aren't from any country below the Rio Grande too.

In addition, the Minnesota folks joining ISIS and other Islamic enclaves all over the country including Texas have to have some percentage of radicals living among them that have yet to leave and join, but probably will eventually. In the mean time they could make mischief (to say the least) while they remain...

The last residence I lived in, in Texas suburbia, had a failed day care center within the subdivision converted into a mosque and was attended by hundreds of Muslims daily. I'm sure the majority are good folks, but I'm equally sure some percentage are radicalized.

As time has progressed since 9/11, we've had Ben Ghazi on 9/11 and now the radicalized are feeling very emboldened given our clueless/failed/hand wringing/paralyzed president.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Just another working day for me. I start the morning by leaving my hotel in Bangkok at 3:30 am, and arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in time for check-in to start at 4:00 am. I'm on flight 9710 to Narita, and then flight 6 to Houston, landing at 1:45 pm.

International air travel, flying into the US on 9/11 ... I like to live on the edge. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

I'm on 5 different planes (within continental US) on the 8th, 10th, & 12th. Won't be traveling with CCW and thinking that I'm going to feel rather naked. Really hoping that nothing bad happens.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Vol Texan wrote:Just another working day for me. I start the morning by leaving my hotel in Bangkok at 3:30 am, and arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in time for check-in to start at 4:00 am. I'm on flight 9710 to Narita, and then flight 6 to Houston, landing at 1:45 pm.

International air travel, flying into the US on 9/11 ... I like to live on the edge. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
misterlarry wrote:I'm on 5 different planes (within continental US) on the 8th, 10th, & 12th. Won't be traveling with CCW and thinking that I'm going to feel rather naked. Really hoping that nothing bad happens.
Good luck. Not sarcastic, I really mean it. I don't envy you at all.

Return to “Off-Topic”