Plan To Stay Home On 9/11 Or Go About Your Daily Business?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Plan To Stay Home On 9/11 Or Go About Your Daily Busines

Post by JP171 »

Just another day, with a 5 min time out to respect and remember and service the target

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

gljjt wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Just another working day for me. I start the morning by leaving my hotel in Bangkok at 3:30 am, and arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in time for check-in to start at 4:00 am. I'm on flight 9710 to Narita, and then flight 6 to Houston, landing at 1:45 pm.

International air travel, flying into the US on 9/11 ... I like to live on the edge. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
misterlarry wrote:I'm on 5 different planes (within continental US) on the 8th, 10th, & 12th. Won't be traveling with CCW and thinking that I'm going to feel rather naked. Really hoping that nothing bad happens.
Good luck. Not sarcastic, I really mean it. I don't envy you at all.
Thanks much...I don't expect much of a problem. I'll be passing through security in both Thailand and Japan. Both seem to take it seriously, and neither is a hotbed of terrorism. I'll be happy to get back home with my wife and daughter, but I have to admit, I'll be on much higher alert once I land here in Texas than I'll be during the first 26 hours of my September 11th.

My wife always carries on-body, but doesn't always keep her spare mags on-body while she's in her store. She's a jeweler, with her own store in the Houston Heights area, and spends many hours working at her jeweler's bench, so she keeps her spare mags in the drawer during the day. But she'll be fully stocked on-body all day on the 11th. Just a gut feeling that 'something is going to happen, somewhere' on that day, and she'll be a bit more prepared than usual.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I work at home, and I have TOO MUCH work to do right now.........so........

However, I may go over the Facebook and put up a post daring all terrorists to "Bring it!" :mrgreen: Maybe I can generate a target-rich environment..........
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TomV

Post by TomV »

Normal working day for most of the day and a job interview in the afternoon.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I would love to stay home that day, not because it's 9/11, but because I need some time off. I'm saving my vacation days for deer season. :drool:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Sheesh, I forgot I have the distinct privilege of not having to go to work.

I've been retired for 21 years and sometimes forget not everyone is...

Heck, there are days when I don't know if it's Wednesday or Saturday, because most of the time it isn't necessary for me to know...although I know 9/11 this year is next Thursday.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I envy your style!

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

I was thinking of working from home since I work at a nice terrorist target. Then I thought about all the honey-do's I would be called upon to perform, and decided to try my luck with the terrorists.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Vol Texan wrote:
gljjt wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Just another working day for me. I start the morning by leaving my hotel in Bangkok at 3:30 am, and arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport in time for check-in to start at 4:00 am. I'm on flight 9710 to Narita, and then flight 6 to Houston, landing at 1:45 pm.

International air travel, flying into the US on 9/11 ... I like to live on the edge. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
misterlarry wrote:I'm on 5 different planes (within continental US) on the 8th, 10th, & 12th. Won't be traveling with CCW and thinking that I'm going to feel rather naked. Really hoping that nothing bad happens.
Good luck. Not sarcastic, I really mean it. I don't envy you at all.
Thanks much...I don't expect much of a problem. I'll be passing through security in both Thailand and Japan. Both seem to take it seriously, and neither is a hotbed of terrorism. I'll be happy to get back home with my wife and daughter, but I have to admit, I'll be on much higher alert once I land here in Texas than I'll be during the first 26 hours of my September 11th.

My wife always carries on-body, but doesn't always keep her spare mags on-body while she's in her store. She's a jeweler, with her own store in the Houston Heights area, and spends many hours working at her jeweler's bench, so she keeps her spare mags in the drawer during the day. But she'll be fully stocked on-body all day on the 11th. Just a gut feeling that 'something is going to happen, somewhere' on that day, and she'll be a bit more prepared than usual.
I am reading William Forstchen's (One Second After) new book, Day of Wrath. Very scary. Makes you think about what could happen. I think attacks similar to those described in this book, although fiction, are representative of what can and likely will happen. This is a very aprapo novel for those that like the genre based on what is happening recently. Hint - ISIS.

tacticool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tacticool »

My plan is for it to be a normal Thursday.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Its going to be a mostly normal Thursday for me. I'll be armed a little bit better than normal though. I am slightly concerned about my girlfriend. She goes to UNT and I feel like a University would be a prime target for a Terror Attack. Hopefully i'm just paranoid, but you never know.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

On duty. Was when it happened to.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Same ole, same ole. Hope it stays that way.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Dragonfighter wrote:On duty. Was when it happened to.

This, for me as well.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

filmtex
Location: Southwest of Austin generally, Southeast of Dallas occasionally, Israel annually.

Post by filmtex »

I'll be in the Ukraine. Two years ago I heard about Benghazi from the BBC on a tv in the Moscow airport. As somebody said earlier "I like to live on the edge."
"Come and take it."

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Return to “Off-Topic”