Tactical military type boots.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Tactical military type boots.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tomdavis wrote:Now this is a topic the wife will not complain if I spend money on as she is a shoe freak. The most likely BG I will come across is a rattle snake. Does anyone have a suggestion for what one should wear to be prepared for that SOB?
Yeah.... A .44 Magnum loaded with snake shot.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
tomdavis wrote:Now this is a topic the wife will not complain if I spend money on as she is a shoe freak. The most likely BG I will come across is a rattle snake. Does anyone have a suggestion for what one should wear to be prepared for that SOB?
That's about what I was thinking, but he can't wear that. How about something like this.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rocky-re ... 268&rid=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

karder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by karder »

I have tried a lot of different tactical style boots including 5.11, Columbia, North Face and many others. While most were comfortable, I was never really pleased with the quality. Maybe I am expecting too much, but with hard use in rugged terrain, I felt like they all fell apart too easily. Some years back I started buying Justin boots and I stayed with them. They have good military style boots that are built to take a beating and last for years. They don't look as cool as some of the other offerings and the ones I wear are full leather construction so they are not as light as the modern textile material, but as far as value and durability, they are number 1 in my book. I won't buy anything else.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
That's about what I was thinking, but he can't wear that.
Oh yes he can :lol: :
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
C-dub wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
[ Image ]
Snake proof boots. Just do a search? There are also snake proof gators or guards.
Last edited by MeMelYup on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I like Oakleys.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
C-dub wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
[ Image ]
That way, yes, but I doubt the snake will try and bite him up that high unless he's bending over and has a left handed snake. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”