Knife Carry Questions

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Knife Carry Questions

Post by RoyGBiv »

EEllis wrote: Really tho with folder having come so far and the current legality of auto knives I have to wonder if there is much of an advantage to a concealed fixed knife.
Fair point.

Fixed blade is fewer points of potential failure. Trade that against greater difficulty concealing.

Still pondering. Thanks for all the feedback.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tacticool »

My friend Joe calls folders "pre-broken" knives. :biggrinjester:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Couple random comments:

I'm told locking blade knives of any size are illegal in San Antonio.

A trip to Salado is worth it. Take your wife, give her your credit card, and you're free to do whatever you want.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

txglock21 wrote:
pancho wrote:
C-dub wrote:Other than the secure area of an airport, I can't think of any other places that are strictly off limits for legal pocket knives. There are places that prohibit them, like courthouses as mentioned in another thread, but that will be their own rules.
I usually wear a concealed fixed blade neck knife, no matter what else I'm carrying. Even when I workout. I can't think of any place that's off limits by law that doesn't usually have metal detectors.
You can add Six Flags over Texas to list of no knives. I found out first hand. :banghead: I will not be going back ever. No CHL carry and no knives= no TXGLOCK21.
True, but that is their own rules and not by statute.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Keith B wrote:Just be careful to not get a double-edged blade as those are still considered illegal.
Thanks Keith!

Anything else to watch out for? :bigear:
Yeah....other cool knives. They're like guns, only worse. Once you start collecting, it's hard to stop; and since they tend to cost less than a gun, you can buy more of them..........more often. It's a curse.
:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 11

Post by RoyGBiv »

RoyGBiv wrote:Thanks! I'm looking at this for fixed blade EDC.

http://jwknives.tictail.com/product/hits-compact-ti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=8543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
I picked this one up yesterday (traded for it) and it came with paracord for neck carry.
I wore it home around my neck. I'm afraid I'm addicted now :mrgreen:
Never considered neck carry. Thankfully it came with a trainer so I can practice not stabbing myself in the stomach. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Picked up this clip point, Cold Steel Code 4 blade this week (good eBay deal). It's a bit big at 5" folded. Only weighs 4.3 oz and I appreciate how thin it is - no thicker than my little Beretta pocketknife.
DSC_0019.jpg
Love the look of those tanto blades as was posted earlier. Maybe next time :cool:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “Off-Topic”