Outa all gun-crazy states, where does USN train trauma docs?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Outa all gun-crazy states, where does USN train trauma docs?

Post by ELB »

Obama's home town, Chicago. Natch.

Chicago hospital trains Navy doctors for battle
That's why the Navy is sending its doctors, nurses and medics to Stroger Hospital, a Cook County facility that, in its own way, stands in the middle of a war zone.

Because the Navy doesn't have any trauma training facilities in the U.S., military medical teams can't get experience dealing with penetrating wounds, inserting IVs in emergencies and other techniques common to combat areas, said Bernard, a 37-year-old lieutenant commander who has been deployed to Afghanistan. ...

Navy doctors, nurses and medical corpsmen rotate through Stroger because its trauma unit is one of the busiest in the U.S., a result of the nearly constant gun violence in some troubled neighborhoods on Chicago's South and West sides.

Last year, Stroger treated nearly 600 gunshot victims, more than 260 people with stab wounds and almost 900 people injured in traffic collisions...
Maybe this is why the prez refers to ISIS as "JV?" He wasn't comparing them to al Quaeda, he was comparing them to Chicago?

The other place they do this training is also a bastion of NRA-lovin', 2A worshiping fanatics:
Launched this past spring, the program is one of two of its kind in the country. The other is at the Los Angeles County-University of South California Medical Center.
USAF 1982-2005

ripnbst

Re: Outa all gun-crazy states, where does USN train trauma d

Post by ripnbst »

I guess that is one reason to allow the crime to be high in select areas. We gotta train our combat medics somewhere right?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Wow!!! They treated almost as many gsw and stab victims as people in car accidents.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

mojo84 wrote:Wow!!! They treated almost as many gsw and stab victims as people in car accidents.
BAN ASSAULT CARS! Mothers demand action!
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “Off-Topic”