Why I Dislike Going to the Dentist

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Why I Dislike Going to the Dentist

Post by anygunanywhere »

I rarely go to the dentist. While growing up my parents only took me when I needed some real attention. Eventually my dad took us to Baylor Colllege of Dentistry at the Texas Medical Center so they could use me to practice on. Then there was the Navy dentists.

My last trip to the dentist took me two days for him to extract a tooth after he insisted on doing a root canal and broke the tooth. Dentists have never been able to deaden my teeth. My teeth roots hook so that the roots have to be cut out and he found a fifth root too.

I have had a tooth ache since Friday. I have been eating Advil like candy. Last night I felt a continual throb in my left upper gum all night. Mrs. Anygun called our (her) dentist and got me an appointment.

After the exam he told me that he could not find anything wrong. He could not tell me why my tooth hurts.

He did find another one he wants to replace the crown on though for 700 bucks. :mad5

He sent me to Walmart to get a Nightguard because he thinks I grind my teeth.

I do whenever I think about going to the dentist.

Sorry. Had to rant.

If there are ny dentists reading this, it is nothing personal. I am certain you are good people.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why I Dislike Going to the Dentist

Post by mojo84 »

You're an anti-dentite.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

anygunanywhere wrote:If there are ny dentists reading this, it is nothing personal. I am certain you are good people.

Anygunanywhere
I am certain you are wrong.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Crossfire wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:If there are ny dentists reading this, it is nothing personal. I am certain you are good people.

Anygunanywhere
I am certain you are wrong.
"rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Dentists are the spawn of Satan. Wretched and Evil.
TSRA Life Memeber

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I've had the same dentist for 25 years. Very happy with her. I have a high tolerance for pain, so root canals are no big deal for me. Sorry you're suffering so much.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

howdy

Post by howdy »

This is how Tim Conway would do it:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

One of my wisdom teeth had hooked and grown under the jawbone, with the result that it had to be chiseled out.

I went to a dentist, some years back now, complaining about a toothache in a tooth that had had a recent root canal, and he told me it wasn't possible. I fired him and went to a different dentist who discovered that there was an additional root on that tooth that didn't show when x-rays were taken from the usual angle. I filed a small claims court suit against the first dentist for the price of the root canal and new cap. He paid it without going to court.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I know! I hate the dentist. I would rather give birth. Seriously. I had a bad experience with a needle into my nerve and now every time I go, I leave handprints on the chair.

I'll tell you a trick my great grandma used on me once as a kid. Take a cotton ball and soak a little or a lot of whiskey on it and put it on the throbbing tooth, it really does numb the pain!

Hey, you're not alone. :cryin
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Two words: Sedation Dentistry
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

CHLLady wrote:I know! I hate the dentist. I would rather give birth. Seriously. I had a bad experience with a needle into my nerve and now every time I go, I leave handprints on the chair.

I'll tell you a trick my great grandma used on me once as a kid. Take a cotton ball and soak a little or a lot of whiskey on it and put it on the throbbing tooth, it really does numb the pain!

Hey, you're not alone. :cryin
Bourbon helps a bit.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Vol Texan wrote:Two words: Sedation Dentistry
I have heard of this and will check it out if any really invasive work needs done.

Before the dentist does anything he has to clear it with my orthopedic surgeon who did my shoulder. It seems that disturbing bacteria on my teeth can lead to infection in my shoulder. Thus issue goes away after 5 years from surgery.

The human body is weird.

Anygunanywhere

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Two words: Sedation Dentistry
I have heard of this and will check it out if any really invasive work needs done.

Before the dentist does anything he has to clear it with my orthopedic surgeon who did my shoulder. It seems that disturbing bacteria on my teeth can lead to infection in my shoulder. Thus issue goes away after 5 years from surgery.

The human body is weird.

Anygunanywhere
When you do get cleared for it...remember the perfect mix: first the pill to relax you, then the nitrous (for all the right reasons), and then the needle to put you to sleep. Wake up later, and you've had a wonderful nap. I've only done it once here in Houston, and it was worth the small bit of extra $$.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Well, when it comes to dental work, you have two choices:

or

As a kid I had a LOT of dental work done. Really bad baby teeth and even wore a partial plate and wire spacers for teeth that had to be pulled from age 5 - 10 until my permanent teeth came in. Then when a teen had a few cavities and had to have 4 teeth extracted for braces to make room for movement.

As an adult, I have been lucky my permanent teeth are good and have had very little dental work. My first time to have any major work done I lived in a new town and met a dentist at a New Year's eve party. We talked about my previous work and reluctance to go to the dentist for any restorative work. He told me he 'hated going to the dentist as well because he knew what they could do' and that he always used nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and required it when he had someone work on him. I went to him to do the work and had the work done. Let me say that from that point on, going to the dentist 'was a gas'!! Nitrous takes away the anxiety and relaxes me enough I am not sore after the work. Definitely the way to go and you don't have to be put under and can drive right afterward!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Off-Topic”