Terror At The Mall

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

Terror At The Mall

Post by LSUTiger »

Good videos and discussion of Mall Terrorist attacks

Terror At the Mall BBC documentary 2013

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Analysis from an ex military youtuber-lessons learned

Surving the LE Response

Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Terror At The Mall

Post by Beiruty »

Only 4 T.guys and why the parking lot collapsed?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Beiruty wrote:Only 4 T.guys and why the parking lot collapsed?
The government had to destroy it to save it from the terrorists. :lol:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Seabear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Seabear »

Wow, very well made.

Those of you that can't or won't watch the whole thing need to skip forward to the 57 minute mark.
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

My message starts at 58:10sec
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The armed response is weak. How come only 4T would kill 5 soldiers at last hr? Where are the Ballistic Shields? on Special entry forces?
Beiruty,

Seabear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Seabear »

Beiruty wrote:My message starts at 58:10sec
I concur. :fire
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Beiruty wrote:The armed response is weak. How come only 4T would kill 5 soldiers at last hr? Where are the Ballistic Shields? on Special entry forces?
You don't expect Nairobi police to be as well armed, equipped and practised as SWAT folks in first-world countries, do you?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Do they have special forces?
Beiruty,

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Beiruty wrote:Do they have special forces?
You think police take a while to get there...
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

ELB

Post by ELB »

n5wd wrote:
Beiruty wrote:The armed response is weak. How come only 4T would kill 5 soldiers at last hr? Where are the Ballistic Shields? on Special entry forces?
You don't expect Nairobi police to be as well armed, equipped and practised as SWAT folks in first-world countries, do you?
It was not a matter of equipment, it was a matter of morale, training, and spirit.

The BBC only touched on it briefly, but while the Kenyan Army was in control, the mall was seriously looted. Recall that several police officers were shot by Kenyan Army troops. (And I note that the BBC documentary doesn't say the five KA guys were shot by the terrorists -- only that they died in the last hour. IOW, possibly another friendly-fire incident.)

A reasonable debrief of the escaped hostages (remember, the KA waited two days to make the final push) should have given them an idea of how many -- or how few -- terrorists were there, but the KA elected to use an explosive (IIRC it was an RPG) to root them out. That's why the parking garage collapsed and the whole thing burned down. Sure it got the terrorists but I wonder if any remaining civilians hiding in there went down with the garage or up in smoke from the fire. Not that the KA would tell us.

The Kenyan Army seemed to be a not well-led mob in uniforms.
USAF 1982-2005

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

One of the biggest things I remember from that is one of the responders kept saying to give them time to organize, while others kept going in and helping people to get out. He was in a military looking uniform and might have been Army.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

I didn't have a chance to watch the whole thing before it was pulled from Youtube. I did watch about half, and then skipped to the end to see what was being referred to at the end. The video response from Hiberniason (Link in the OP) pretty much parallels my feelings.

I came across this Kenyan documentary on Youtube. Judging by some of the comments made in this thread, this video goes into more of the details concerning the incompetence or the Kenyan police/military/security forces, as well as the looting, and probable complicity of corrupt government agents. I guess you have to take it with a grain of salt like anything, but seeing soldiers walk out of the mall with stuffed "goodie bags" is pretty suspicious. And the casing of the jewelry store before the power and CCTV went out? You be the judge.

[video][/video]
Honor Necessity

jmra

Post by jmra »

Kadelic wrote:I didn't have a chance to watch the whole thing before it was pulled from Youtube. I did watch about half, and then skipped to the end to see what was being referred to at the end. The video response from Hiberniason (Link in the OP) pretty much parallels my feelings.

I came across this Kenyan documentary on Youtube. Judging by some of the comments made in this thread, this video goes into more of the details concerning the incompetence or the Kenyan police/military/security forces, as well as the looting, and probable complicity of corrupt government agents. I guess you have to take it with a grain of salt like anything, but seeing soldiers walk out of the mall with stuffed "goodie bags" is pretty suspicious. And the casing of the jewelry store before the power and CCTV went out? You be the judge.

[video][/video]
Same thing happened during Katrina in NOLA. Numerous videos of cops looting.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

As I recall, one of the heroes was a retired British Royal Marine, in unlawful possession of a handgun (at least as portrayed by American media), who repeatedly re-entered the mall and rescued people trapped inside. I recall that he was subsequently hassled for it by authorities, but that can't be right because the video Kadelic posted mentions "private firearms holders" assisting police repeatedly, both in rescuing people trapped inside, and in trying to clear the mall......an attitude much more favorable than found in American media.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”