Visiting Austin

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Visiting Austin

Post by RetNavy »

RoyGBiv wrote:If you've never done it, there's something special about walking into the Capitol building, showing the guard your CHL and carrying your concealed weapon around the metal detectors. And the building is pretty cool too.
:txflag:
was actually thinking about going to the capital and visiting it.... my wife works for the state and she was surprised that i could carry inside her building, but due to policy they could not.
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

RetNavy wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:If you've never done it, there's something special about walking into the Capitol building, showing the guard your CHL and carrying your concealed weapon around the metal detectors. And the building is pretty cool too.
:txflag:
was actually thinking about going to the capital and visiting it.... my wife works for the state and she was surprised that i could carry inside her building, but due to policy they could not.
The Capitol campus is a nice place to walk and touring the building is an interesting way to spend a few hours. Even my kids enjoyed it.

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

wife sent me a text today... will be staying at the South Wyndham on I-35... so will be visiting Reds South Range at least one day... cant decide right now.... been checking out the capital info, it is definitely in my plans to visit
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

RetNavy wrote:was actually thinking about going to the capital and visiting it.... my wife works for the state and she was surprised that i could carry inside her building, but due to policy they could not.
That kind of irony drives me up a wall sometimes. Why would they continue to retain that policy? :banghead: Of course, that's a rhetorical question.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

getting ready leave Austin after a few days of visiting... had a nice visit at the capital building.... had a little bit of trouble geting my CHL out, but i think it was more due to the cute DPS officer.... had a good time at Reds Gun Range South.... nice place.... got there not to long after thier 9:00 opening time and by ten was hopping.... had a terrific meal at the Shady Grove Stop-A-While... all in all a very nice visit while my wife was stuck in her training :evil2:

looks like the next training session for her will be in Houston in two weeks.... will probably go with her for that session

Thanks Austin for a good visit

RN

Return to “Off-Topic”