Visiting Austin

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 4

Visiting Austin

Post by RetNavy »

Next week will be in Austin while wife attends training, we are not sure which Wyndham we are staying at, the one in Round Rock or the the on in South Austin, while on the 30.06 site noticed that there is a place called Rewind at the same address as the South Wyndham, listed as a 51%, hopefully this is just the bar inside the hotel....

plan on going to Reds indoor range at least one day, fortunately there is one in Round Rock too if we stay there.... has anyone used them
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

eureka40
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Visiting Austin

Post by eureka40 »

The Red's up North is in Pflugerville, on Pecan Street. It's pretty good. Costs about 15 bucks an hour. They'll have plenty of ammo and you can rent guns there too. The staff is pretty good also. If you get hungry while your there, go to Spring Hill just down the street. Good catfish and other seafood/comfort food.

This is my neck of the woods, so if you have any other questions, just let me know.

:tiphat:
TSRA Life Memeber

Valor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Valor »

Howdy! Seems that "Rewind" is an inside bar, but not certain. Red is a quality indoor range, at least the Pflugerville location, haven't visited the south location. If it's a Monday, it's ladies night.

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

I go to Red's in Pflugerville (Pecan Street) on a pretty regular basis. I usually go when my shooting group is there and we get a pistol bay to ourselves, so I think I see fewer idiots than average. I've never had a problem with the staff there, even going in as a lady who was new to guns. Friendly folks, and helpful. I'm also told they treat their suppliers well so they tend to have a decent stock in the store (I got my S&W Shield there when they were impossible to find, and at less than MSRP). Monday nights are busy because of ladies' day (half off lane rates and free rentals). If you go south, Wednesday night might be busy due to the ladies' shooting group.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

eureka40 wrote:The Red's up North is in Pflugerville, on Pecan Street. It's pretty good. Costs about 15 bucks an hour. They'll have plenty of ammo and you can rent guns there too. The staff is pretty good also. If you get hungry while your there, go to Spring Hill just down the street. Good catfish and other seafood/comfort food.

This is my neck of the woods, so if you have any other questions, just let me know.

Not as convenient, but Catfish Parlour on 183 is much better, IMO, than Spring hill. Worth the ~20 minute drive.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

gljjt wrote:
eureka40 wrote:The Red's up North is in Pflugerville, on Pecan Street. It's pretty good. Costs about 15 bucks an hour. They'll have plenty of ammo and you can rent guns there too. The staff is pretty good also. If you get hungry while your there, go to Spring Hill just down the street. Good catfish and other seafood/comfort food.

Not as convenient, but Catfish Parlour on 183 is much better, IMO, than Spring hill. Worth the ~20 minute drive.
I also like El Rincon at Pecan and Railroad. Family owned TexMex dive. TABC sign = blue. Same as Spring hill and Catfish Parlour.

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

Pecan Street Deli is pretty decent too, if you're eating in Pflugerville.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

MotherBear wrote:Pecan Street Deli is pretty decent too, if you're eating in Pflugerville.
Yes it is. Good breakfast on a Saturday morning before shooting!!

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Oh man, we go to Pecan Street Deli all the time. Probably have seen you there.

TSRA Life Memeber

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

Sounds like we need to have a Pflugerville-area meetup or something...

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

MotherBear wrote:Sounds like we need to have a Pflugerville-area meetup or something...
Might be fun. I'm sure if we're could get a few commitments, my wife and I would be in. Maybe a burger at Pecan Street Deli and shooting at Reds. I don't want to get overly specific but I live in Pflugerville about a 3/4 of a mile north of downtown

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

We'd be up for something if we had enough notice to get a sitter for something in the evening, or if it was something like a park during the day. We're not technically in Pflugerville, but we claim it anyway. Beats Austin.

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

We're in Pflugerville, south of downtown. A meet-up sounds good to me too.
TSRA Life Memeber

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

If you've never done it, there's something special about walking into the Capitol building, showing the guard your CHL and carrying your concealed weapon around the metal detectors. And the building is pretty cool too.
:txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

When you walk into the main atrium or whatever its called, look up. Its epic cool. of course you'll have to play the accoustic game to.

Return to “Off-Topic”