Australia - now they're after handguns

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Australia - now they're after handguns

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I don't believe anyone can fire 5 rounds from a semi automatic pistol in less than a second. That's not really the issue though. The issue is they don't want anyone owning a firearm at all. The huddled masses should look to the State for protection should the need arise in their perfectly planned "Utopian" existence. How dare those Aussies have the audacity to defend themselves against Evil People with a semi automatic handgun when all they need is a single shot.

Any free man that allows the State to disarm them deserves exactly what they get and unfortunately the Aussies boat has already sailed...

Gun Control in Australia - Watch and Weep

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'd like to know where they located a man who can fire 5 rounds of .50AE in Less than 1 second. That man hasn't been born yet. The problem with Australia is that the gun culture has been s eradicated that there is no one left whom the media will consider a "reliable witness" to give the lie to such preposterous statements.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I'd like to know where they located a man who can fire 5 rounds of .50AE in Less than 1 second. That man hasn't been born yet. The problem with Australia is that the gun culture has been s eradicated that there is no one left whom the media will consider a "reliable witness" to give the lie to such preposterous statements.
Bruce Willis can. :lol:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

Jim Beaux wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I'd like to know where they located a man who can fire 5 rounds of .50AE in Less than 1 second. That man hasn't been born yet. The problem with Australia is that the gun culture has been s eradicated that there is no one left whom the media will consider a "reliable witness" to give the lie to such preposterous statements.
Bruce Willis can. :lol:
So can Chuck Norris. Wonder who'd win in a shoot-out between the two? :fire
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:Of course, they took a video from Jerry Miculek shooting a world-record time to make their case...

[youtube][/youtube]
rbwhatever1 wrote:That's not really the issue though. The issue is they don't want anyone owning a firearm at all.
:iagree:
And it wasn't just Jerry Miculek shooting a world-record time, it was THE Jerry Miculek shooting a World-RECORD TIME!!! I am not him, but I am a reasonably competent shooter. I have fired a few .50AE rounds through a Desert Eagle, and a TON of .44 magnum rounds through a Model 29...... which by virtue of less weight, kicks harder.

I could not do what Miculek did in that video, and I KNOW that no gangbangin' australian wannabe can do it. They'd be whinin' about how much their hands hurt, and how they couldn't play video games 'cause their wrists were wrecked.

Wait until australian gun banners find out that Miculek can shoot about 20 .22 rounds in a second. They'll want to ban those too. It's not really the caliber they have a problem with. It is guns. Period.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Will they ever learn? Rhetorical of course.

What in the world is a "high powered military style handgun?" Does it only exist in the liberal mind? Are they trying to turn the handgun round into a high powered round like the .223? :banghead:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

You can legally own a handgun in Australia, but you really can't.

Most people really can't. Between certificates of need, probationary licenses, shooting club requirements, storage, etc. etc., etc.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... t_ID=36210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

State of Victoria website on legal requirements for gun and ammunition storage ( separate locked safes) and criminal jail time for violating these. Requirements.

BTW from 1996 (ban on guns) to 2007 assaults were up 55 percent. But gun crime is down.

Your not going to have a gun in Australia unless it is illegal.

They have no gun rights in Australia. The terrorists can kill at will there.

The Annoyed Man

philip964 wrote:The terrorists can kill at will there.
Lovely.

#TINVOWOOT

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
philip964 wrote:The terrorists can kill at will there.
Lovely.
Some items to consider:
Australia's Population 24 million.
There are 300,000 firearm licensees in Victoria, population 5.7 million.(The state link in Philip964's post)
From a pool estimated at between 3 and 6 million guns, 1 million were surrendered.
In the period between 1996 and 2011 legal firearms imported into Australia numbered 1.1 million.
in 2012 there were 2.75 million registered guns in Australia.
The Australian Government estimates that there are currently about 5 million illicit guns in Australia.
The estimated value of ammunition imported into Australia in 2011, $104,812,080.00
There are 4 ammo manufacturers in Australia, they can't keep up.
Olin/Winchester is one of them.
They also distribute firearms http://www.winchesteraustralia.com.au/p ... ry=uofield
They were angry with us for hogging all the ammo the last couple of years.

While the guns may not be readily available now, if the government raids http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/18 ... g-pm-says/ had failed, or if there is a successful terrorist attack, these folks are ready to gear up, laws be damned.
The Australian experience, Colonialism and Transportation is unique. And has produced a unique citizenry.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:It gets worse...

Girls leading way in new gun trend as parents tell anti-gun lobbyto back off

While the article sounds positive overall for our side, note this part:
Gun Control Australia spokesman Roland Browne told The Courier-Mail *snip*

"...The gun lobby assures us kids are safe with guns. My son, when 11 years of age, could not avoid pointing a torch into the eyes of those around him. The idea he could avoid pointing a gun is absurd,” Mr Browne said.

“Our concern is that teaching kids to shoot ought not be seen as a simple training exercise, like learning golf. Guns – even with only one round of ammunition – can kill, and do so. I’m sure the gun instructor who died in the US recently believed safety was paramount, too,” he said.
Goes to show that even single-shot firearms will be targeted by the antis - so again, it emphasizes that there really is no point in acquiescing to anti-gun groups on even the smallest of things.
If that guy's 11y old son didn't know any better than to point a torch into other peoples' eyes then the problem might be genetic.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”