I'm Out!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 3

I'm Out!

Post by Kythas »

Well, guys, I've enjoyed being on here for the last several years though I haven't been nearly as active on here since my baby was born (he's already a year old - where does the time go?).

The wife and I are moving to Tennessee in two weeks, and I guess we'll drag the kiddo along with us. We outgrew our house here and decided we wanted some land, someplace green, a smaller town, and a better climate. I wanted a state with no income tax. We found everything we were looking for on a 6 acre property in a small (7,800 population) town in Tennessee.

We have a property that's fenced and cross-fenced, with two creeks, a two acre pond stocked with catfish, bluegill, and large mouth bass, a large barn, and a pretty cool log cabin. There's also an underground spring running under the front acreage that waters it, so I never have to water the lawn. The wife wants to raise goats, so we'll be able to do that. The current owners are even leaving behind a donkey for us.

It'll be a big change moving to such a small town, going from a 6.7 million population metro area to less than 8,000 people. I'm sure that'll take some time to get used to. But I'll be able to shoot on my own land, and that's something I've wanted to do for a long time.

I'll always be a Texan, though. I plan on flying the Texas flag right next to the US flag on my land.

I'll probably poke my nose in here from time to time to see what's going on. I'm going to miss Texas and all my friends and family, but we're excited to start this new chapter of our lives.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I'm Out!

Post by Beiruty »

Good luck and keep in touch.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Best of luck Kythas! You're living my dream.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Best of luck to you and your family. Wish it were me.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

That sounds like a great place to live! I wish you and yours the very best and do keep in touch; we're only a keyboard away.

Chas.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Where in Tennessee are you moving? I grew up there, and I've lots of ideas for you if you're moving to my portion of the state (East)
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kythas »

Vol Texan wrote:Where in Tennessee are you moving? I grew up there, and I've lots of ideas for you if you're moving to my portion of the state (East)
Moving to Pulaski. It's south central.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Texas and Tennessee have a strong history together. I think that is not a bad move for you.

I wish you the best and don't be a stranger here!
Psalm 91:2

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Good luck in your new home.

I never forgave my parents for taking me out of Texas to NY, at least you're moving to someplace southern.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Wow! Pulaski seems like a very nice place - in and around there. We drove through Pulaski a couple of summers ago while headed to see some old high school friends in Lawrenceburg, then back through on the way to Murfreesboro. That whole part of the state is so lush and green.

Best of luck in the new homestead!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I was up in McKinney visiting friends yesterday. I don't blame you for feeling crowded. It's amazing how much that town has grown in the last few years.

Best wishes on this next adventure.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Tennessee eh. god's country. I want to retire there.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Vaya con Dios, muchacho!

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

That's ok... You are not too far from me. I am in VA. All us transplanted texans make the world a little better place.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

That sounds like a great place. I hope the Mrs. and I can find a place like that when we're ready and able to get outta town.

Peace be with you and your family.

BTW, I understand this forum won't be as relevant, but you could pop in now and then to tell us about guns and things in Kentucky. Just sayin'. :tiphat:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”