P-51 Mustang gets real 50-cal machine-guns installed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Re: P-51 Mustang gets real 50-cal machine-guns installed

Post by Pawpaw »

:drool:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OK, his man card has been permanently punched. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

We have seen some major cool videos here posted by our members but I think this one is by far the best.

Thanks Andy!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Too cool!

I remember as a young boy seeing one of those Merlin engines at the airport my Grandpa helped start and build a long time before I came along. He had been in aeronautics for a long time and was able to procure one for him and his partner's airport to put on display. I don't remember just how old I was, but was under 10y and knew what it was and wanted to see it every time I went to see my Grandparents.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote:OK, his man card has been permanently punched. :lol:
With .50 caliber holes... multiple times... at a high rate of fire!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Estand

Post by Estand »

That is awesome. Thanks for posting this. 51's are my fav.

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

I was under the impression that arming a civilian aircraft ran afoul of international law or FAA regulations and that's why WWII aircraft never restored their machine guns. I can't remember where I heard or read that but I've "known" that since as long as I can remember.

I never thought it was just a BATFE NFA issue. Maybe I'll try out my google fu and see if I can find any credence to that assertion. It's entirely possible and likely that I'm completely wrong.

EDITED TO ADD: A quick google search didn't turn anything up. Perhaps it's one of those things that everyone just assumes is illegal but actually isn't.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I would like a chance to zero those things in.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

olafpfj wrote:I was under the impression that arming a civilian aircraft ran afoul of international law or FAA regulations and that's why WWII aircraft never restored their machine guns. I can't remember where I heard or read that but I've "known" that since as long as I can remember.

I never thought it was just a BATFE NFA issue. Maybe I'll try out my google fu and see if I can find any credence to that assertion. It's entirely possible and likely that I'm completely wrong.

EDITED TO ADD: A quick google search didn't turn anything up. Perhaps it's one of those things that everyone just assumes is illegal but actually isn't.
It mentioned something about him having to get a machine gun manufacturer's license to be able to do that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Estand wrote:That is awesome. Thanks for posting this. 51's are my fav.
Mustang is nice to be sure, but my WWII favorite is the F-4U Corsair, with the P-38 Lightening in second, and then the Mustang.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Each little tinkling of a cartridge is $5.00. Oh, but what is a P51D , 5 million, more?

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

beautiful plane.... still my favorite is the P-40 KittyHawk that the AVG's (Flying Tigers) flew in China
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

RetNavy wrote:beautiful plane.... still my favorite is the P-40 KittyHawk that the AVG's (Flying Tigers) flew in China
The P-40 is the Warhawk.

Return to “Off-Topic”