Cedar Hill couple reeling months after shooting intruder

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cedar Hill couple reeling months after shooting intruder

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The shooting was obviously justified, per TPC §9.32(b) and it was morally justified also. The fact that the burglar had PCP on board is also significant. Anyone who has dealt with someone on PCP knows that you aren't going to reason with them and they aren't going to follow instructions even if they are looking down the barrel of a cannon.

Chas.
30 some years ago a friend of mine (Academy Mates) came close to bleeding out, spent several weeks in the hospital and about a year in rehab after getting into an altercation arresting an aggravated robbery perpetrator who was high on PCP. The perp survived 5 rounds of 125 gr. .357 hollow points that stitched him from leg to head.

My friend was life flighted to Hermann and Dr Duke did the honors in the OR. The perp went to Ben Taub by ground ambulance. Supposedly the ER doc at Ben Taub asked the ambulance people why they hurried so much bringing him in. :mad5

The last I heard the perp survived and spent a long time in the big house. I believe it was two counts of attempted capital murder along with aggravated robbery. :coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr1337 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote: My friend was life flighted to Hermann and Dr Duke did the honors in the OR. The perp went to Ben Taub by ground ambulance. Supposedly the ER doc at Ben Taub asked the ambulance people why they hurried so much bringing him in. :mad5
While it's fun to joke around, I hope the ambulance driver, doctor, and everyone that gave the perp care was impartial. They're not the ones to determine who is innocent or guilty. I would hate to be in a situation where it looked like I was the bad guy, but not all of the story/evidence had been discovered yet.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

mr1337 wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote: My friend was life flighted to Hermann and Dr Duke did the honors in the OR. The perp went to Ben Taub by ground ambulance. Supposedly the ER doc at Ben Taub asked the ambulance people why they hurried so much bringing him in. :mad5
While it's fun to joke around, I hope the ambulance driver, doctor, and everyone that gave the perp care was impartial. They're not the ones to determine who is innocent or guilty. I would hate to be in a situation where it looked like I was the bad guy, but not all of the story/evidence had been discovered yet.
At that time I don't think anyone was joking. However he obviously had good quality medical care as he survived what would kill many people. I know I wasn't joking at the time. Myself and all of my other academy mates were on orders to not even enter Ben Taub. Only very senior officers that had been vetted at the deputy chief or higher level were even allowed in the hospital for guard duty until he either died or was healthy enough to move to County. At that these senior officers were under orders to not even enter his hospital room.

I and others of our academy class were assigned as a guards for my friend while he was in the hospital due the the death threats against him, his partner and their families that started immediately after the incident hit the news. NOT a fun time. :nono:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Off-Topic”