Cataracts

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cataracts

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:Monday, we're going up to Tyler:

Me, for an Open MRI leading to possible spinal surgery. After lunch, I have an appointment and examination/evaluation leading to surgical removal of my cataracts (one eye at a time) In the course of the day, Mrs. Oldgringo will get her hair done and we'll eat lunch at Cheng's Chinese Bistro.

While growing old is a privilege denied to many, it definitely ain't for sissies. You youngsters might as well get braced, it'll be here before you know it. :cheers2:
:cheers2: Hang in there OM!
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Me, for an Open MRI leading to possible spinal surgery. After lunch, I have an appointment and examination/evaluation leading to surgical removal of my cataracts (one eye at a time) In the course of the day, Mrs. Oldgringo will get her hair done and we'll eat lunch at Cheng's Chinese Bistro.

While growing old is a privilege denied to many, it definitely ain't for sissies. You youngsters might as well get braced, it'll be here before you know it. :cheers2:
Had my spinal surgery back in '04 - fusion/discectomy at L4/L5, with the titanium rods and screws. They actually removed parts of my vertebrae and used cadaver bone implants and harvested my own stem cells from my pelvis to fill in around the implants. Heck of a thing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Had my spinal surgery back in '04 - fusion/discectomy at L4/L5, with the titanium rods and screws. They actually removed parts of my vertebrae and used cadaver bone implants and harvested my own stem cells from my pelvis to fill in around the implants. Heck of a thing.
Had something done to my back, also between L4/L5 while in Houston circa 1998. I'm gonna' have something else done, again L4/L5, after my eyeballs heal and my electrolytes stabilize. We're now into the holiday season, so this back surgery will be after the first of the year. Gittin' old ain't for sissies. :nopity

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Sun's out! I think I'll take one of my pellet guns out back and see if I can see through my new right eye. :???:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:Sun's out! I think I'll take one of my pellet guns out back and see if I can see through my new right eye. :???:
:nono: Don't shoot your eye out! "rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”