Good bye old friend

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tuckerdog1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good bye old friend

Post by tuckerdog1 »

It seems so unfair, their lifespan being so much shorter than ours. But even knowing this horrible day will come, we dog lovers accept it, because we give so much to each other. Just thinking back to some of the best friends I've had to say good-by to over the years, brings tears to my eyes. They remain in our hearts & minds forever. So sorry for your loss.

Tuckerdog1
( My username honors our 1st dog from 26 years ago )

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's been a tough year for dogs in the Cotton family. In January, we lost our female Miniature Schnauzer Millie only a few weeks short of her 15th birthday. Today we had to have her buddy, our 14 year old male Miniature Schnauzer put down. He had an aggressive cancer and had gotten to the point that his quality of life was gone. Thankfully, the pain medications kept him from being in pain.

Merlin was hands down the smartest dog we've ever owned or even seen. Martha and I stopped telling people many of the things he did because they were beyond belief. I will say this much, his vocabulary was far larger than I've ever seen in a dog. He was very partial to Martha and it took at least two years before he thought it was okay to associate with me on anything other than an occasional basis. He was a rescue dog and I suspect he had been abused by a man.

Good bye old friend, you were a loyal companion.
Chas.

[ Image ]
We had to have our 10 year old Spanial put down last Monday. Cancer.

He loved everyone he met and everyone loved him. We {my wife and I) are having a very rough time getting past this.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

jmra

Post by jmra »

Sorry for your loss.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VoiceofReason »

tuckerdog1 wrote:It seems so unfair, their lifespan being so much shorter than ours. But even knowing this horrible day will come, we dog lovers accept it, because we give so much to each other. Just thinking back to some of the best friends I've had to say good-by to over the years, brings tears to my eyes. They remain in our hearts & minds forever. So sorry for your loss.

Tuckerdog1
( My username honors our 1st dog from 26 years ago )
They breed tall dogs, short dogs, long hair dogs and short hair dogs. Hunting dogs, fighting dogs, sheep and cattle dogs.
In the thousands of years dogs have been domesticated why haven’t they bred dogs for longevity?
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Sorry for your lose. May you meet again some day.

Pete
CHL since 01/26/09

Return to “Off-Topic”