So what swag did your local police agency get?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So what swag did your local police agency get?

Post by Dadtodabone »

VoiceofReason wrote:
ELB wrote:At this link there is a way to see what excess military equipment various law enforcement agencies have received from the DoD via the now famous (infamous?) 1033 program.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/ ... -giveaway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man, my county (Guadalupe) is way behind. No MRAPS, no helicopters, no NVGs -- in fact, all I can find is the Seguin PD got two 5.56 rifles. I don't see any of our other towns or cities on the list. New Braunfels is really in Comal county, butoverlaps our county a little bit, but all they got were a five .45 pistols and a couple utility trucks. I also note that the list for "Texas" actually includes a lot of federal agencies that are located in Texas, like the INS and the Border Patrol.

Compare with "Since 2006, police in Winthrop Harbor, Ill., a village of 6,700 along the shore of Lake Michigan, has received 10 helicopters, one mine-resistant armored vehicle and two Humvees, and other equipment, worth more than $6.5 million."

I'd like to see where those helicopters are today...

Austin PD picked up quite a bit more. $2M worth. Only one helicopter tho.

ETA: The IRS in El Paso got one night vision sight. ??
I'd like to see where those helicopters are today...
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... hy-swanson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not the same organization. The Tribune article is about a 2 helicopter operation in Kankakee. Winthrop Harbor is in Lake County and is a legitimate operation.
http://www.whpd.org/leac/index.html
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

ELB wrote:At this link there is a way to see what excess military equipment various law enforcement agencies have received from the DoD via the now famous (infamous?) 1033 program.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/ ... -giveaway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This quote also about the LA school district...
In Los Angeles, for instance, the school district police department received a mine-resistant vehicle worth $730,000 in March, as well as three grenade launchers and more than 60 M-16s. After that was initially reported by MuckRock in September, the NAACP and other organizations called for a moratorium on the 1033 program, pending a review of agency eligibility. Facing community backlash, the Los Angeles district’s police chief indicated that he would keep the rifles but acknowledged armored vehicles and grenade launchers are not "'essential' piece[s] of equipment for our daily scope and mission." The school district said on Wednesday that it no longer owns the mine-resistant vehicle.
It says they 'returned' the grenade launchers and that they 'no longer own' the MRAP...who'd they give the MRAP to? The conspiracy theorists could have a field day with that...
DoD rep: "Superintendant so-and-so, we are going to send you and MRAP you don't need...I'll be sending you further info on who to give it to."
...meanwhile, it's not on the public list as to where it went...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

joe817 wrote:CARRIER,AIR-ANTITANK DEFENSE MISSILE SYSTEM 1 $393,062.00
Maybe they're worried about all the other departments getting so many MRAPs.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

I just want to know what the Customs and Border Patrol Coordination Center in El Paso is going to do with 4 (four) Sword and Scabbard sets?

But, bless their gubmint beancounters.... I'm sure the paperwork involved in acquiring one (1) rubber eraser from DoD was well worth the expenditure of time and effort to acquire said eraser.

Or.... they coulda asked one of their school-aged kids to bring one home. Gah!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

n5wd wrote:I just want to know what the Customs and Border Patrol Coordination Center in El Paso is going to do with 4 (four) Sword and Scabbard sets?
Seppuku when they fully realize how useless this administration has made them?

loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /27521793/

well I think Obama stop the sell of military equipment to local law enforcement agencies.

Return to “Off-Topic”