LOL at my HOA...Baaaaaabaaaaaa

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

LOL at my HOA...Baaaaaabaaaaaa

Post by steveincowtown »

Maybe I am being to sensitive, but man am I sick of my HOA sending emails blast encouraging folks to be sheep.
• Avoid unnecessary confrontations. Being directly confrontational -- also known as "standing your ground" -- can lead to serious injury or death. Most burglars, given the choice between flight or fight, will choose flight. If you choose to confront an armed criminal, you may be shot or stabbed. Even if not armed, a criminal may use your own weaponry -- a gun, a kitchen knife, or some item that can be used like a club or bludgeon -- to injure or kill you. Obviously, different people have different ideas concerning confrontation of criminals on their premises. Whatever your thoughts on the subject, bear in mind that if you were to injure or kill an intruder, whether adult or juvenile, armed or unarmed, there could be serious repercussions for you as well as for the intruder whose wrongdoing started the violence.
and then today....
, and not encouraging avoidable and potentially violent confrontations between suspected criminals and homeowners.
Give me a break! The number one way a criminal can avoid a potentially violent confrontation with me is to not commit a crime at my house.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LOL at my HOA...Baaaaaabaaaaaa

Post by RoyGBiv »

Wow...

You must live in Austin. :mrgreen: (yes, I know where "cowtown" is, hence the :mrgreen: )

I go shooting with two members of my HOA. One is a retired Navy pilot.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Fire your HOA President, directors of the HOA Board. I am our HOA President and I disapprove the above. Maybe that those sending those emails never heard of 2ndA. They need at least to attend Citizens Academy. At ours, we went from personal protection, all the way how to be good prepper.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mr1337
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr1337 »

Perhaps they would prefer it if you kept your front door unlocked and open for any burglars that need some drug money.

While you're at it, you might as well help them carry your TV to their truck, and then apologize for the inconvenience.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Is that in NYC?

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

Beiruty wrote:Fire your HOA President, directors of the HOA Board. I am our HOA President and I disapprove the above. Maybe that those sending those emails never heard of 2ndA. They need at least to attend Citizens Academy. At ours, we went from personal protection, all the way how to be good prepper.
Can I move to your neighborhood?

(Not really... well, really, but I'm not going to be in a position to move any time soon. And when I do eventually move, it'll probably be to somewhere too cheap to have HOAs anyway.)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Sounds like England where you nearly have to invite the criminal in, show them your best stuff, and offer a cup of a tea while they browse.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

HOA's must be running out of American Flag lawsuits, have nothing to do and are now looking for more ways to get involved in your private business.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

steveincowtown wrote:Maybe I am being to sensitive, but man am I sick of my HOA sending emails blast encouraging folks to be sheep.
Maybe I am being sensitive, but man am I sick of people calling other people "sheep."
:banghead:

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Beiruty wrote:Fire your HOA President, directors of the HOA Board. I am our HOA President and I disapprove the above. Maybe that those sending those emails never heard of 2ndA. They need at least to attend Citizens Academy. At ours, we went from personal protection, all the way how to be good prepper.

Indeed. The only HOA stuff I get is yard of the month and such.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Ummm....even here in purple VA if a criminal is in your home you may defend yourself. LEOs even say the best way to deal with an aggressor is to fight them. If a person is in your house without your consent they are not there for lemonade. What are these guys smoking?
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

steveincowtown wrote:Maybe I am being to sensitive, but man am I sick of my HOA sending emails blast encouraging folks to be sheep.
Is this coming from your HOA board or just general blah-blah issued by your management company? When I was on the board, I found that our management company discouraged any sort of direct interaction between the board and the people that elected them.

I suspect it was because when the management company ran interference:
1) Problems with the management company were not always reported to the board.
2) Direct communication with people results in reduced fee billing... That is, our attorney made less money and the management company made less money as there were fewer "billable" issues to deal with.

It boggles my mind that about 75% of new housing developments have an HOA. This is America, you shouldn't be told what color you can paint your shutters.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

How long have you been living in California OP?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

cb1000rider wrote:
Is this coming from your HOA board or just general blah-blah issued by your management company? When I was on the board, I found that our management company discouraged any sort of direct interaction between the board and the people that elected them.

I suspect it was because when the management company ran interference:
1) Problems with the management company were not always reported to the board.
2) Direct communication with people results in reduced fee billing... That is, our attorney made less money and the management company made less money as there were fewer "billable" issues to deal with.

It boggles my mind that about 75% of new housing developments have an HOA. This is America, you shouldn't be told what color you can paint your shutters.
It is not a managed HOA. I live in a old/historical area and the HOA is in place mainly to make sure it stays that way. I suspect the full board isn't reviewing this guys emails before there are sent out. He is a grade a clown for sure.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

At least your fees are staying within the community. When I got on the board 75% of our fees were being spent with the management company and their associated attorney ($250 per warning letter).
My first intro, I was told all sorts of horror stories about how board members have been shot and beaten when going to knock on a neighbors door.. We need to rely on the management company to send letters on our behalf.

If the worst complaint you have about your HOA is the sheep letter, you're doing pretty good!

Return to “Off-Topic”