Congratulations You Have Been Selected To Receive...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Congratulations You Have Been Selected To Receive...

Post by Abraham »

2 round trip airline tickets by either American, Southwest, etc. PLUS a 3 day/2 night hotel getaway at a Marriott, Hyatt or Hilton hotel. (they don't mention where you'll be flying)

Bonus the letter states: call the 800 number provided within 72 hours and I'll also receive a 3 day rent-a-car for my trip and $50.00 Travel Cash Gift Card from blah, blah, blah.

Without mentioning specific names, they've included well known travel company names to make their offer sound legitimate.

Of course, I won't be calling.

I'm guessing they want a credit card number, and you can guess the rest.

The thing I wonder about is the poor saps that fall for this type scam.

Anyone else here get this unsolicited letter?

It was in the mail today.

jimlongley

Re: Congratulations You Have Been Selected To Receive...

Post by jimlongley »

I get them a lot. I reply telling them that I am dead and not likely to be resuscitated. One young lady even apologized.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

At least y'all get real people...I get a recording something to the effect of, "Hi! My name is Michelle! How are YOU doing today?" *click*
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

I have "won" or been "specially selected to receive" many things via phone or mail. I have also had my current cell phone number for about 4 years now and still receive debt collector calls for the previous owner. I'm quite certain that I don't even remotely sound like the female they are searching for but it still takes some effort to get them to realize this. I guess that her debt collection efforts are sold from one organization to another and they seem to start from scratch, beginning with the number I now have, even though I have told them repeatedly to the contrary.

I wish I could "win" or be "specially selected to receive" something useful. Something like 1000 rounds of .223 :thumbs2: :fire

Or an extra week of vacation.... :coolgleamA: :anamatedbanana :cheers2:

Maid service for a year...... :grumble :totap:

I will be joining the "No Call List" again. As I do every year. Not that it works very well, but mentioning the possible involvement of my attorney does work pretty well. :eek6 :rules:

rotor

Post by rotor »

I just get a dinner for 2 at Red Lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”