Cinemark Theater Question - XD v. Digital Cinema

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Cinemark Theater Question - XD v. Digital Cinema

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Okay, I'm about to show how long it has been since I've been to a movie theater. My wife and I want to see American Sniper at Cinemark. There website indicates two different types of moves; one time schedule for XD moves and another for Digital Cinema. What's the difference? There are many more times for the Digital Cinema than the XD version.

Chas.

clarionite

Re: Cinemark Theater Question - XD v. Digital Cinema

Post by clarionite »

My understanding is that XD is on the same size screen as an Imax. Meaning it's a larger screen.

I don't believe there's much difference otherwise. At least none that I've observed.

I'm going to see it Sunday at the Alamo Draft house. Please post your opinion of it once you've seen it.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Xtreme Digital has better sight and sound. The picture is wall to wall and floor to ceiling. I also think the one I went to here in Ft. Worth said it was JBL 7.1 digital surround sound. I chose to see American Sniper with my son in the XD rather than Digital Cinema. Wasn't disappointed.

Ron
Ron
NRA Member

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

And here I thought I was going to read that you shot the screen with a Springfield pistol...

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

My wife and I went to see it last night at the Cinemark on 121 in Allen. It was in the XD theater. As said above the screen was large and curved - wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Excellent surround sound - shots fired from one side, the sound of bullets striking on the other side. Overall a great experience in XD.

And a good movie. Excellent cinematography. You will like it.

I read the book a couple of years ago right after it was released. The movie followed pretty well, but trying to condense several years into 2 hours didn't work all that well in some places. In the book, there was more emphasis on Kyle's faith, I believe.

On another note, now one of my regrets is not speaking with and shaking Chris Kyle's hand when I had the opportunity. He was at Ray's Hardware and Sporting Goods in Dallas at a book signing. I went there over my lunch hour that day. I had already bought his book as an e-book, and didn't have a hard copy for him to sign. The line was long, and Kyle was courteously speaking with everyone who came up to him, whether that had a book in hand or not. But I didn't get into the line, just watched for a while and returned to work. I missed the opportunity to congratulate a true hero. I could have purchased a book there and had him sign it, and now I wish that I had done so.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Return to “Off-Topic”