wondering about GERMS

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

wondering about GERMS

Post by powerboatr »

I know we are the civilized country...and we shouldn't think aloud of such things
but with the measles flair up and other BUGs on the run, why has our gov not accidentally let some other bugs in conjunction with cholera, and a few other nasty germs be sprayed form a drone over ISIS controlled areas? sure would save the lives of "boots on the ground" .
simply put the bugs wipe out the bad guys, families and we prevent wishy washy politics putting our brave troops in harms way unnecessarily
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: wondering about GERMS

Post by rotor »

I guess for the same reason that George Bush wouldn't allow use of the neutron bomb.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Because it wouldn't stop with Cholera or Measles or whatever. Biological warfare was recognized as even more potentially dangerous than chemical or nuclear warfare and pretty completely renounced as a "method" of warfare.

None the less, we still have research folks at Fort Detrick and have samples of smallpox, anthrax and al sorts of goodies there, "for research and defensive purposes".

A weaponized, genetically modified disease vector is exactly the type of weapon that could become an "end of the world" weapon, destroying those who initiated it as surely as those who took the first hit. Now, you can be sure that there are some really bad folks out there who have thought about or are messing with biologicals. Hopefully, the grown ups find out and shut down their fun before it gets out of hand, as I'm pretty sure has happened a few times already.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Because the application would be indiscriminate. Innocent victims.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Jeff B. wrote:Because it wouldn't stop with Cholera or Measles or whatever. Biological warfare was recognized as even more potentially dangerous than chemical or nuclear warfare and pretty completely renounced as a "method" of warfare.

None the less, we still have research folks at Fort Detrick and have samples of smallpox, anthrax and al sorts of goodies there, "for research and defensive purposes".

A weaponized, genetically modified disease vector is exactly the type of weapon that could become an "end of the world" weapon, destroying those who initiated it as surely as those who took the first hit. Now, you can be sure that there are some really bad folks out there who have thought about or are messing with biologicals. Hopefully, the grown ups find out and shut down their fun before it gets out of hand, as I'm pretty sure has happened a few times already.

Jeff B.
that is what keeps me up at night
we found countless barrels of supplies in iraq from France, germany and other places for making chem weapons. Iran and syria....already have them plus the bugs of war .....it concerns me before how long the seriously radical islam extremist get their hands on them.
we saw them kill their own people in iraq like it was nothing.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Yep.

One lunatic with a "vision" could very conceivably bring one of several movie plots or novels to real life.

I'm no fan of "big government", but there are things that intelligence services, covert forces and spooks exist for. This is one of them.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Return to “Off-Topic”