For you history buffs out there...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

For you history buffs out there...

Post by G.A. Heath »

I found a podcast that covers Texas History. The name of the podcast is "Come And Take It", but it is not affiliated with the Open Carry group of the same name.

You can find the podcast at http://brainstaple.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

chuck j

Re: For you history buffs out there...

Post by chuck j »

Some really great historical Texas topics , I listened to two of a three part series on Jim Bowie , will catch the last part this evening . Thanks for your post !

anygunanywhere

Re: For you history buffs out there...

Post by anygunanywhere »

chuck j wrote:Some really great historical Texas topics , I listened to two of a three part series on Jim Bowie , will catch the last part this evening . Thanks for your post !
A friend of Jim Bowie lived near Hallettsville and was one of the original Austin settlers. His name was William Smithers. Mr Smithers was known for hunting bears with a tomahawk. You thought Bowie was bad. Mr Smither's son-in-law, a man last name of Berry, was a blacksmith in Bastrop. On his way to the Alamo, Dany Crockettt's Kentucky long rifle, Ol' Betsy, broke. Mr Berry repaired the rifle.

Several of Mr Smither's grandsons fought in the war for Texas' independence at San Jacinto. Mr Berry's relatives fought in the War against Mexico and died at Battle of Salado Creek.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”