Recommend a salvage yard Houston area?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 3

Recommend a salvage yard Houston area?

Post by Scott B. »

Any experience with a good salvage yard in the Houston area? Doesn't look like any options on the NW side of Houston, Katy or Tomball area.

One thing, among many, that I don't like about the big metro area is not knowing a friendly local salvage yard.

Alternately, anybody have a TBI throttle body for a GMC/Chevy truck, 4.3L V6 1987 ~ 1995 that needs a really good home? Managed to fracture a fuel line socket on mine yesterday. :mad5

I can get a rebuilt one off ebay for $150, but there's a few other parts I should probably pull if I get the chance.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Recommend a salvage yard Houston area?

Post by DevilDawg »

LKQ has a place off Aldine Westfield at Richey for N/NW area. They have locations all over Houston. You can start there.

If they don't have it try Bronco Truck parts. If Bronco doesn't have it they can likely recommend a yard that does.
There are only about 100 salvage yards around the greater Houston area. The smaller family owned talk to each other and are very helpful. If it is out there they "know a guy who knows a guy" and can help you out.

Topic author
Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I hit the LKQ on Northside St. Pulled a few things I've been needing, but no joy on a throttle body. I need to find the guy who's pulling and rebuilding them :-)

I'll give Bronco a call during the week.

Thanks,

brhalltx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by brhalltx »

There are still a few on 249 and one at W. Mongomery and Shepherd. This'd be a good time to have a yellow pages.

Topic author
Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Had somebody call up recently trying to sell yellow pages ad space. I politely declined. Got the impression she was just happy I didn't immediately hang up after hearing 'yellow pages'.

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DevilDawg »

Scott B. wrote:I hit the LKQ on Northside St. Pulled a few things I've been needing, but no joy on a throttle body. I need to find the guy who's pulling and rebuilding them :-)

I'll give Bronco a call during the week.

Thanks,
Were you able to find one?

Return to “Off-Topic”