Rick Casey on OC

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Rick Casey on OC

Post by jmorris »

Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RHenriksen

Re: Rick Casey on OC

Post by RHenriksen »

Yes, that's a pleasant surprise
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

In regards to the question about inviting someone to a party who is open carrying, it certainly makes a difference who the person is that would be open carrying. But, then again, I'm a small-town kind of guy and not some highly sophisticated and up-scale urbanite.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

What does it make a difference if a guy came to party with a Western outfit including a fency 1911 in a BBQ leather holster? He is just a guest.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

BTW, why is he thinking of OC as negative attribute to the personality of those who carry? If they do CC then no negative to that practice? Or, is it an opinion unsupported by facts. A total nonsense.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

RHenriksen wrote:Yes, that's a pleasant surprise
:iagree: Refreshing to say the least.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TomV

Post by TomV »

After signing the bill, Reagan said he supported the 2nd Amendment but saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”
Interesting...
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Beiruty wrote:BTW, why is he thinking of OC as negative attribute to the personality of those who carry? If they do CC then no negative to that practice? Or, is it an opinion unsupported by facts. A total nonsense.
I think he's not necessarily saying it's a negative personality attribute, but that the person should use their own judgement on whether or not it would be impolite to open carry. Would you open carry to a wedding or funeral or to church? Probably not, but the ultimate decision comes down to your judgement.

On the flip side, there are plenty of instances where open carry would not be impolite at all, and perhaps even preferred. Hunting, fishing, hiking? Open carry. Getting together with a bunch of pro-2A friends? Sure, open carry.

Anything in between: use your judgement. If you don't feel that it's impolite, then feel free to do so. It's kind of like smoking in public. Sure, you CAN do it, but depending on the time and place, SHOULD you do it? I hate when people smoke near building exits, because then I have to breathe their smoke, and it smells nasty. I would say open carry probably follows some of the same principles.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting. Jerry Patterson apparently once approved an Open Carry Texas rally at the Alamo.

From another Rick Casey editorial, http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/com ... 907778.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”