CHL eligible ?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 3

CHL eligible ?

Post by chuck j »

A man I work with got an evading arrest from a Highway patrol . He has nothing but a couple of speeding tickets on his record . This happened 22 years ago , would it be worth his time to apply for a CHL ?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL eligible ?

Post by Keith B »

chuck j wrote:A man I work with got an evading arrest from a Highway patrol . He has nothing but a couple of speeding tickets on his record . This happened 22 years ago , would it be worth his time to apply for a CHL ?
Depends on the actual charge. If it was felony evading, then possibly no. If it was just a misdemeanor, then shouldn't be any issue.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I'll tell him . He said he was speeding and a Highway patrol followed him a half mile with his lights on , he pulled over and didn't offer any resistance and was taken to jail , got a speeding ticket and evading . He was 20 years old at the time .

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

It was more than likely a class B misdemeanor, so should be OK. Here is the statute http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/38/38.04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He will still need to list it on the application and send in documentation for the disposition of the arrest.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

His starting point has to be contacting the Clerk of Courts for the county where this happened and get a copy of the actual record. It will list the exact charge and disposition. He is going to need these court records anyway if he applies, so get the information first.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Thanks for the answers and suggestions , he's a good man and I would like to see him carry if he is able to .

Return to “Off-Topic”