A good doctor's visit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

A good doctor's visit

Post by jmorris »

Not so much the results (lose weight, eat better, yada, yada) but afterwards when I was setting up my next appointment. Sitting at the desk while the nurse enters the info and there's another nurse in room. First nurse picks something up off the desk just as the doctor walks into the room and says "what's this?". Other nurse says "I think that's a cell phone holder". The doctor and I, almost in sync, say "No, that's a holster for a pocket pistol". A two minute discussion on carry pistols (he XD .45, me S&W or Kahr .40). After he leaves first nurse asks if her .380 would fit in it, as she's picking up her very large purse. Second nurse looks at her and says "you don't have a pistol on you do you!?" and the first nurse just kinda eases her purse back under the desk.

By the time I left I'd discussed with three more nurses how the pocket holster works (and how it could be used in a purse) and had one ask if I teach firearms classes. A couple were just silent as this was going on.

The one nurse's comment was the only one that could be considered negative.

I am thinking of getting NRA and CHL instructor certified for something to do after I retire in January. If I do I think I'll offer discounted classes to the entire office.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A good doctor's visit

Post by RoyGBiv »

Was sitting at lunch with a small group of men after a local volunteer project this past Friday. I knew some well, some not at all. 9 or 10 of us at the table. The topic of Open Carry comes up (crime --> concealed carry --> SB-17 hearing the day before). Long story short, 8 (might have been 7 out of 9) of us were carrying, the other 2 were licensed but not carrying.

Apparently, I run with a good crowd. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”