Marcia Strassman - Welcome Back Kotter Actress Dies

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Marcia Strassman - Welcome Back Kotter Actress Dies

Post by WildBill »

Marcia Strassman, a versatile actress who was best known for her role as Gabe Kaplan's wife on the 1970s sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter, died on Friday, according to reports. She was 66.
Strassman died at her Sherman Oaks, Calif., home after battling breast cancer for seven years, her sister, Julie, told the Associated Press on Sunday. "They gave her 2 ½ years to live but she lasted much longer," she said. "She was very courageous."

In the 1970s, Strassman appeared as a guest star on Time Express, The Rockford Files, The Love Boat and other primetime dramas. In 1980, she starred as Lenina Crowne in a television production of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. She co-starred in the short-lived sitcom Good Time Harry that year. She guest-starred several times on Magnum, P.I., first introduced in the episode "Heal Thyself", where she played Dr. Karen Harmon, a former nurse with whom the title character served in Vietnam. In 1982, she played Maria in the romantic comedy Soup for One.

[video][/video]
NRA Endowment Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Marcia Strassman - Welcome Back Kotter Actress Dies

Post by jmra »

Watching the video brought back a lot of memories. Guess I must be getting old as these tv personalities I remember from my younger days appear to be dropping like flies.
RIP
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”