Carry permit equals no foster kids for couple

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Carry permit equals no foster kids for couple

Post by jmra »

Couple denied role as foster parents over permits to carry guns
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/08/co ... arry-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Texas_Blaze

Re: Carry permit equals no foster kids for couple

Post by Texas_Blaze »

From the article....
have been denied permission to do so because of a state regulation that prohibits the carrying of loaded weapons with foster children.
How does the state equate having a permit with actually carrying? Unless the state makes them sign an affidavit stating they don't have loaded firearms, and the foster parents refused to sign.

Ridiculous law nonetheless.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

last I in TX you could have a CHL and carry, you just had to put your guns in a safe in your home.

This however is a nutty rule. I hope they are able to pass the bill they are trying to get through.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

"Current rules reportedly require guns and ammunition to be stored separately in secure containers in homes with foster children. The Wilsons’ request for a variance to the current law was denied."

There's the reason. Look, we've got states that won't even allow travel without them in separate secured containers when you don't have kids...

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We passed a bill a couple of sessions back to prevent precisely this problem in Texas.

Chas.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:We passed a bill a couple of sessions back to prevent precisely this problem in Texas.

Chas.

I thought so, thank you.

(btw, I apologize for the messiness in my last post, my laptop is suddenly dropping words, I need to start proofing better.
It was suppose to say "Last I heard....." )
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

We were foster parents for several years , until 2004 , Requirements for the home were very strict , many of the children had mental problems and almost all had been abused , some were almost feral . My wife was an RN , unit nurse manager at the local state hospital so we got the most problem kids , I kept my guns in the attic and at the time I didn't have a CHL . It would get kind of silly at times when your were fostering a 7 month old baby or similar situation and the same rules applied , but I understood at the time about the one size fits all rules .

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

So you can't teach any foster kids to shoot or take them hunting or shooting at the range?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I admire those willing to take foster children into their homes, but I don't have that kind of courage...

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Perish the thought that caring people willing to give a loving home to and capable of protecting children are allowed to do so.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

VMI77 wrote:So you can't teach any foster kids to shoot or take them hunting or shooting at the range?
Good question.. What do you agree to in this state?

Return to “Off-Topic”