San Antonio visitors

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Gaidheal
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: San Antonio visitors

Post by Gaidheal »

Not sure if I am too late to the party, but Mi Tierra is fantastic! I really don't rate Alamo Cafe. I will second the comment about Jim's, though, far and away the best "American Diner" type chain we have here. Enjoy!

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

Rosario's - S Alamo @ S St Mary's serves a much better and broader cuisine than the typical Tex Mex, with some unique interior Mexican dishes on the menu, but also plenty of classic Tex Mex

Paesanos - good local Italian chain, with locations on Riverwalk, Alamo Quarry area, and Stone Oak (Loop 1604)

Gaidheal
Banned

Post by Gaidheal »

A-R wrote:Rosario's - S Alamo @ S St Mary's serves a much better and broader cuisine than the typical Tex Mex, with some unique interior Mexican dishes on the menu, but also plenty of classic Tex Mex

Paesanos - good local Italian chain, with locations on Riverwalk, Alamo Quarry area, and Stone Oak (Loop 1604)
Oh aye, I know those places too. Agreed :thumbs2:

bigity

Post by bigity »

Out of all SA restaurants, I'd have to say Chester's and Demos are my favorites though.

Mmmmmm gyros. Great, I've made myself hungry at 8:30 in the morning.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

spolct

Post by spolct »

I was in SA for the first time this past week and went ti mi Tierra yesterday afternoon and found a giant 30.06 in the waiting area. Most unfortunate because here I am in bed after puking up my seafood chile relleno from the place next door. I took pics (of the sign) and will post them in a bit.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Las Canarias Sunday brunch at La Mansion hotel, Boudro's on the River Walk, and Big Lou's Pizza down south.

greggtex

Post by greggtex »

****MI Tierra is a NO GO!!!!
They have huge 30.06 sign and so do others in market area. No more business from me. Rode trolley over and mad. Their right but I won't be back. Please email them or call mgmt with your thoughts.

jmra

Post by jmra »

greggtex wrote:****MI Tierra is a NO GO!!!!
They have huge 30.06 sign and so do others in market area. No more business from me. Rode trolley over and mad. Their right but I won't be back. Please email them or call mgmt with your thoughts.
Maybe come Jan 1 the focus will shift to 30.07 signs. At least all the existing 30.06 signs will be obsolete due to the change in the wording.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

My Dad found out I was going to San Antonio for some training, and wouldn't let me have any peace until I promised him on the morning that we were headed back to Fort Worth, that we'd go by Mi Tierra's and pick up several Chile Rejenos (sp?) for him and my Mom.

You'd have thought he'd died and gone to heaven, the look on his face when he dug into the first one!

Yeah, another vote for Mi Tierra's here!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “Off-Topic”