Parking Ticket Help- City of Fort Worth

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Parking Ticket Help- City of Fort Worth

Post by JP171 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:I have already admonished her (well as much as she would let me) for letting the vehicle leave with plates, but my question is this.
In Texas, the plates are "part of the vehicle". They transfer to the new owner together with the registration sticker on the window.
The only time a plate does not transfer is if it's a custom plate that you've paid for XX years of use in advance.

I find this strange too, coming from a place where the plate belongs to the registrant, but, that's the way it is here AFAIK.

Actually that is incorrect the plates are registered to a person not the vehicle and its your choice to remove them or not, been there done the court thing over it, paid the price. I will NEVER let my plates out of sight again

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Parking Ticket Help- City of Fort Worth

Post by MotherBear »

JP171 wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:I have already admonished her (well as much as she would let me) for letting the vehicle leave with plates, but my question is this.
In Texas, the plates are "part of the vehicle". They transfer to the new owner together with the registration sticker on the window.
The only time a plate does not transfer is if it's a custom plate that you've paid for XX years of use in advance.

I find this strange too, coming from a place where the plate belongs to the registrant, but, that's the way it is here AFAIK.

Actually that is incorrect the plates are registered to a person not the vehicle and its your choice to remove them or not, been there done the court thing over it, paid the price. I will NEVER let my plates out of sight again
:iagree: When we sold my previous car, we kept the plates. I don't remember the details, but there's provision in the law for the buyer driving without plates until they can get temporary and then permanent tags. I think they have to keep some specific documentation from the sale on them in the meantime. I'm sure the folks who bought the car were fine, upstanding citizens. All the same, we didn't feel like taking chances.

Return to “Off-Topic”