Not only a President, but a man of honor and humility

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Not only a President, but a man of honor and humility

Post by JSThane »

I disagreed with Dubya on many things. I didn't like a number of things he did, nor how he did them. However...

I did, and still do, like, trust, and admire the man. When he said he was going to do something, he did it. When he believed something was the right thing to do, he did it. He kept his word, and held to his morals. the things I disagreed with him on, I still trusted he was doing it because he honestly believed it was the right thing to do.

Was he conservative? No. Domestically, he was actually fairly liberal for a Republican. But he was honest, cared not a whit for the poll-of-the-day, showed integrity, grit, and patriotism, and made some very difficult choices in his presidency. It is my belief that a sober, unbiased historical look at his presidency will be far kinder than the popular opinion of the day was, and will show him to be one of our better Presidents.

I'd love to sit down and have a beer with the man any day. I'd even buy. Can't say either about the current occupant.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

A man of principles and true compassion. hanks for posting, Charles.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Great article, honorable man and befitting of the title President. I too didn't agree with all of his policies but he was true to his convictions and he did what he believed was right. That's all that matters. Times were rough and decisions had to be made.

Things really went south quickly for the Character of Men we Americans select for President. If all Americans are forced to live with the consequences of mega city liberal voters selecting communist Presidents on a whim we wont have these United States much longer and good riddance until we meet again. Time will tell...
III

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

JSThane wrote:I disagreed with Dubya on many things. I didn't like a number of things he did, nor how he did them.
That's just it with him. He wasn't perfect, he knew it, and never claimed to be or act like it. He really cared about everyone despite what many thought of him. He knew that not everyone would agree with him and didn't expect them too like the current occupant of the WH.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

tms119 wrote:That was a wonderful article. It's kind and touching things like this that always seem to get overlooked or ignored by the press sadly. I knew Bush was one to visit military personnel often, but this first hand account is really quite emotional.
There is a big difference between overlooked and ignored.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Great story. Thanks.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Return to “Off-Topic”