Just curious ?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Just curious ?

Post by chuck j »

I realize the nature of the form , CHL laws , best weapons for different situations , relating personal experiences , tips and info , etc . Are there any here that are interested in the history of firearms , either in general or specific time periods , evolution of different arms . Possibly even in the building of our country or concerning how the world is what it is today because of the same evolution .

Nothing wrong with just liking the latest thing on the market and enjoying using it for enjoyment and self defense .

JSThane
Banned

Re: Just curious ?

Post by JSThane »

Considering I have bought firearms simply because I had no idea what they were and I wanted to research them...

How I wound up with what is most likely (through process of elimination) a Remington Rolling Block "sample" in .43 Spanish, made in 1870, and sent to Spain for evaluation as to whether they wanted to adopt the design (it is most similar to the 1871 Spanish rolling block, but with a few small, but key differences, that show up nowhere after 1871, and a few others, that show up nowhere but on Spanish rifles. Spain only adopted, purchased, and produced "official" Spanish RBs after 1871).

So, yeah, I've long had an interest in the historical side of the hobby. :P

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Same here. My primary interest is in antique guns, period guns of WWI & WWII(specifically German pistols used in the war, U.S. marked military shotguns used in the war), guns used in the 2nd half of the 19th century.

Have collected those guns almost all my life. A good 50 years. ;-)
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

I have a wide variety. Stuff from 1898 to the one I bought new this week. I'm running out of room.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

I find it most of it very interesting.

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

Great book on this very topic.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”