Which City Would You Live In?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which city would you live in?

Boise, Idaho
17%
Seattle, Washington
6%
Portland, Oregon
No votes
Phoenix, Arizona
8%
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2%
Salt Lake City, Utah
8%
Denver, Colorado
2%
Dallas, Texas
58%

Total votes: 52

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Which City Would You Live In?

Post by n5wd »

The SeaTac (Seattle - Tacoma) area was my first base after Basic when I joined the Air Force. Yes, it is damp year round, but it's also green year-round. We didn't see but a small flurry of snow once all that winter, and the summer temps are very moderate - Spring is absolutely gorgeous! Lots of outdoor activities, Vancouver (both B.C. And Washington) are close by, lots of islands to discover. Yeah, that'd be the place if family weren't all in/around North Texas.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

I chose Denver. I love Seattle and Portland to visit but too liberal for me. No interest in New Mexico. Salt Lake is a consideration. I lived in a Dallas suburb. Liked the suburb but didn't care for the Dallas culture. Because of the travel the OP described I figure Denver is a major hub and it's easy to get most anywhere by plane. I don't care for the politics but because of the job described it would be my choice, but would look at Boulder to live.

karder

Post by karder »

I am looking to get as far away from big cities as possible!
Of the ones on this list I would say Dallas.
I like Albuquerque geographically as it has great access to good motorcycling roads and hiking/camping areas. Northern New Mexico, southern Colorado is hard to beat. I travel through that city regularly but it seems to have really gone down hill that last 10 years or so. It seems to be completely overrun with gang-bangers and cholos these days. I don't overnight there much anymore because it is too seedy. I just grab dinner at El Pinto and keep on trucking.
Colorado was cool before all the magazine bans and pot so I would pass on Denver.
Salt Lake is ok but I prefer the Provo area a little south.
Boise is not bad.
Phoenix is WAY too hot.
Seattle/Portland are not my speed.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”