More propaganda and manipulation paid for by US.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Re: More propaganda and manipulation paid for by US.

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:To my mind, this is kind of like the difference between being charitable on the down low, versus bragging about your charity........or praying in private versus making a big show out of praying in public.

How much is "saluting the troops" worth, if they have to pay you to do it?

Someone in my family once offended my wife, son and me so egregiously that we packed our bags and left.....right then and there. She followed us, begging us to come back, which we were not going to do until she admitted how far out of line she was and apologized.......but I wasn't going to tell her to apologize...... she was a grownup and should have known better. Finally, without any suggestion from me, she said, "If I apologize, will you come back?" In other words, she wasn't willing to apologize because it was the right thing to do, but she was willing to apologize as a bargaining chip to get me to return. If, instead of having offered to apologize in exchange for our return, she should have just simply apologized because it was the right thing to do, whether or not I came back.

I declined, and we went and found a hotel.

That's what bragging about your prayers and charity, or accepting payment to salute someone who richly deserves the salute are like for me. They say that Character is what you do when nobody is looking.
I like that....maybe because it's exactly what I would have done.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Off-Topic”